• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scanners

BobCap

What are you guys using for large format scanning?

I have customers that come in with items they want made into signage that are too large for my 13 x 19 scanner.

Thanks

Malkin

We bought a Colortrac (4260e) drum scanner. Accepts up to 42" wide, and up to 10mm thick. 300 DPI optical resolution.

While it's been very helpful at times, it usually sits in the corner and gets used only a few times a year. Overall it's probably the only thing we have bought that has not really paid for itself directly. I am sure in other markets, or if we really tried to push scanning services much more, it might do better.

player

We bought a Colortrac (4260e) drum scanner. Accepts up to 42" wide, and up to 10mm thick. 300 DPI optical resolution.

While it's been very helpful at times, it usually sits in the corner and gets used only a few times a year. Overall it's probably the only thing we have bought that has not really paid for itself directly. I am sure in other markets, or if we really tried to push scanning services much more, it might do better.

Collecting dust is not good for a scanner... I hope you keep it well covered.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Any local blueprint company should have a really large scanner and, generally, they'll do it for cheap.

BobCap

Want to sell it?