• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Scitex Series - HP VS Triangle VS Nazdar Ink

Eternity

Hey guys! Love seeing all the awesome knowledge at this forum.

Got a question. Looking to see options for ink system conversions, or if i should remain with the OEM. Anybody have experience with one or all of the options out there for the scitex series? specifically 500/550 & 700/750

parrott

We use the Nazdar 705 series in one of our presses and Nutec Amethyst in the other. Both work great other than the Nazdar does not work well on styrene. No experience with Triangle ink.

LarryB

I switched over to Triangle Inks and love it. I save $170 per 3 liter box. Inks are more scratch resistance and reds are brighter.

Ronc

I use STS UV INKS. UPON CHANGEOVER, they actually cleaned up the heads. I pay about $70 per liter. I use them in both EFI AND ARIZONA PRINTERS. THE CLEANER IS INEXPENSIVE

Ldireprophil

Nazdar SourceOne 3L UV ink for my 550, $282.81 plus $26.99 shipping. There work as good if not better than the OEM HP 794 inks.

ikarasu

Nazdar ink is plug and play.

Triangle is not - Triangle you need to bring a tech in to flush all the lines / heads and switch over all at once. For that reason alone we went with Nazdar... Unless all your inks are nearing end of life, theres just too much waste. The magenta produces much better reds than HP's does - We had 4 bad magentas and 2 bad blacks with OEM HP inks...thats when we said screw it and went after market. So far... not one bad nazdar. Quality is just as good... I cant speak to longevity as most of our signs are real estate coro signs, so maybe it doesnt last as good as OEM... but honestly, glad we made the switch. When HP gets their shit together and fixes their bad batches... maybe we'll switch back just because its more readily available. But... no regrets switching to nazdar, and no issues with it.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Nazdar has been making inks for a loooong time for every process under the sun. I use them for lots of challenging applications so trusting them for digital was an easy leap. I have used a wide variety of their screen print inks as well as solvent and UV digital. I've never been let down and I do use them in challenging applications.

I haven't used Triangle. I did try, but apparently asking for prices and application details 3 times in 3 years was too much work for their eastern sales manager, so he cussed me out LOL. Haven't been back.
I have been running Nazdar inks in a handful of Vutek's and HPs all model gens for about 2 years and have been perfectly pleased. Hard solvent and UV.
As an added bonus, they seem to treat their dedicated customers with real support - like the old school version that is lost on new companies. UV tests, to flying out for an N-ink debacle, Harlequin curves (which weren't their responsibility to support), etc. A relationship with Nazdar has been invaluable over the years. Definitely recommend them as a partner.