• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SClass and sandblast material

hybyza

Hi there, I have some problems with a new SClass plotter I recently bought, I use vynil and the plotters runs perfect, but when I need to use sandblast media I have some misalignment problems, I have tried lowering down the speed and the acceleration, but my knowledge doesnt go farther to analyze what the problem can be. It is very strange as in the past I used the same material with an old SSign and it cut it perfectly, weird task. Have any of you experienced this before? Any idea I can try to solve this?
Thank you very much, any idea is welcomed.

Signalaugh

Blade

Are you using the right blade? I believe you need a 60 degree blade.

Do you have the right depth on the blade?

Can your new plotter truely handle the media? Check your manual.

Have you tried cutting it twice with less depth on the blade?

hybyza

The blade is a 60 degree one, the unit is tangential, the deep of the blade is correct as the problem comes when the plotter goes and comes with media several times, I have tried panelling, and when some distance is cut then it begins to disalign, because it wears out some of the parts of the cover (paper one): maybe my dealer has this material from long ago and the cover part is in bad condition?
I will try the doble pass of the cutting path as you suggest.
I have been checking in previous Summa posts but I can´t find anything related to sandblast, thank you Signalaugh for the tips.

signmeup

The drag of the knife can make the feed rollers slip. Try extending a bit more blade and increasing the tension on the pinch rollers.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
You can also try slowing it down. There may be some g-forces verses holding force at play. Check the alignment problem to see if it is directional.

Jim Doggett

The blade is a 60 degree one, the unit is tangential, the deep of the blade is correct as the problem comes when the plotter goes and comes with media several times, I have tried panelling, and when some distance is cut then it begins to disalign, because it wears out some of the parts of the cover (paper one): maybe my dealer has this material from long ago and the cover part is in bad condition?
I will try the doble pass of the cutting path as you suggest.
I have been checking in previous Summa posts but I can´t find anything related to sandblast, thank you Signalaugh for the tips.

Try Summa support at 800.323.9766. But it does sound like a pinch-roller/grit-wheel slipping issue. BTW, the S Class has variable tension pinch rollers. Make sure you're on the heavy pressure setting ... and that all the rollers are in the same pressure state.

Good luck,

Jim

hybyza

Hi again, nice all this support here from you people, I will contact technical service, but strange thing anyway.