Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scored at the city warehouse sale today

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ams, Jul 7, 2017.

1. ams

ams Premium Subscriber

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    The city has a warehouse that once a month it sells things from different departments. Today their signage department sold one of their plotters and I snatched it up.

It's a Graphtec FC7000 64" cutting plotter. Everything works fine on it, came with those bag things that the vinyl falls into I guess to keep it off the floor and clean.

How much did I paid? A huge $50, yep that's it. I am not a fan of Graphtec so I probably will end up reselling it by the end of the year.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  2. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Nice score!

3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    So help out some young newbie and sell it to them for $75.

4. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    i will give you $400 cash

5. ams

ams Premium Subscriber

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I want to make sure everything works properly and use it a little. I don't have a blade holder so I need to get that, but the pen test was flawless. It came out of the city sign shop, they were cutting mostly diamond grade reflective and all on it, so I know it was kept in good shape.But I am sure I'll be selling it for around that price.

6. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    my plotter died si i am in the market asap

7. CreatedDesigns

CreatedDesigns Premium Subscriber

May 26, 2013
    Lone Rock, WI
    You should get closer to 2500.00 for that.

8. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    If I may ask, if you don't like graphtec, what brand do you like? Summa?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. ams

ams Premium Subscriber

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    So the plotter works fine, bought a bunch of brand new blades, blade holder and putting in a new cutting strip on it. It's very different than my Roland but a lot stronger cut, it actually cut through car magnets. It has the ARMS for contour cutting, etc. It can cut directly from Corel Draw, tested that. Just not my kind of plotter, I am going to use the money to put towards something else. Anyone want to give me a decent offer on it? Not going to take lowball offers as I've put a couple hundred bucks in it and did a lot of testing. But also don't expect high offers either.