• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

screaming Versacamm help

lordmash

Hi can anybody help, as soon as you plug in and turn the power before you press the button on the front the machine makes a loud continuous beep
when you turn the front panel on you get a few charachters on the screen
in random order and sometimes the fan comes on and the loud beep continues
I have put a new power supply in the machine but it makes no difference
anybody got a clue
roger

lordmash

hi both
Ive had the machine for approx 6 years or more
never any problem so cant see it being voltage setting and cant find voltage switch at back
thanks
ps is SP300

Ragnabrok

The voltage switches are ONLY for the heaters. Usually i've seen this scream from the cable going from the main board to the front LCD panel is not seated properly. The front panel is only held on by 4 screws, loosen them and take off the front panel but beware, the cable only gives you maybe 6 inches of room to remove the panel. you have to give it a kind of reach around to remove the cable (or reseat it). and there is only one cable.

If that doesnt do it, the main board could have fried :(

Oh, tick off the power, and unplug before doing any electronics stuff :D

Last edited:

lordmash

thanks for that tried reseating the cable but to no avail
im going to have to bite the bullet and put a new board in
thanks all for taking the time to answer my question
roger

threeputt

You may do well to check a certain fuse (very, very small one) on the main board before going the expense of a main board.