• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen printing in your sign shop

C

corel4signs

Morning Folks,

How many of you offer screen printing in house? Please let me know

Thanx
Lars

K Chez

Yes-the owner of the screen printing co I do all the art/pre-press for let me set up shop there-it a win-win situation.

coyote

We outsource now-used to do all in-house by hand, but could not compete with automated services. The inks and chemicals were pretty toxic as well, so I don't miss it at all.
C

Bill Modzel

It's more like we offer signs in our screen printing shop.
We started out as a flatstock screen shop in 1980. Never have done the t-shirt route
and never have regretted that decision.
Back than is was hand brushed or screen printed. The only vinyl was white and we printed on it.
We added a Mac and a Graphtec in 89 and an Edge in 98. Also went digital with an HP5000 and now a HP9000s.
Our ratio of digital to screen printing has certainly changed over the years but when it comes to speed there's still nothing to compete with a screen press if the quantities justify the setup.
We printed just under 10K yardsigns for local elections last year.
We do a fair amount of "industrial" printing also like aluminum control panels that have to be screen printed. Right now were doing 210 "boxes" about 15x15x16 for a POP CD display unit. 4 sides, two colors on wood grained chipboard. Some things there's just no other way to print.

Pro Image

I print apparel and flat goods in house.......Looking to get a automatic in the next year or so.........I have a 6 color and a 4 color presses........2 shirt heat presses and a hat press.....

Screenprinting is over 60% of my business.........

Bigdawg

Just Me
LOL.. have the exact same set-up as Dustin right down to the heat presses... screenprinting was what we did before we did signs... actually bought our first plotter SOLELY to cut thermo...

anthony smith

We print shirts caps signs you name it
use a 6 color M&R sportsman can set up as fast
as a manual
will do as little as 24 pieces and can do 6 to 8 of those kind of orders
in a day no problem with 1 man
no body really going after that size order here so price not so much
a issue as in the larger oders can make more on 10 24 piece orders than
2 240 piece orders just have to keep it simple 1 to 2 color for the smaller
orders

SignManiac

All digital here. Roland for solvent printing, HP Scitex for UV curable rigid media and some roll to roll, DTG for garments along with some sublimation. Have often toyed with the idea of screen printing garments but just not feeling the vibe to make the leap.

imagep

We have a 10 platten, 8 station, 6 color auto and a 4 color manual and a 6 color hat press (that we rarely use) and a numbering machine.

We also have a couple of small format offset presses along with a lot of bindery equipment.

Like someone else said, to us it is like we offer advertising specialties (1 year) and signs (3 years) and screen printing (4 years) in our offset shop (20 years).

But offset is a shrinking industry and I find that we are farming out more offset every month.