• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen Printing room question?

STAR Graphix

Currently looking at some different shop options, with the idea of getting into Screen printing also.

My main concern is not knowing how much mess is in screen printing and would it be a bad idea to have the screen print equipment and vinyl tables in the same area of a building. I would hope to have my cutter and printer in another room just the materials and layout table near the screen printing equipment..

thanks in Advance!

i have hand pulled a squeegee MANY times in a three piece suit at client locations. there are messy printers and clean printers, it just depends on how cautious and clean you are.

i also know a uv screenprinter that has uncured ink in his car from being so messy and lazy...

curtrnev

The screen printer I use has all of his stuff in different rooms. I can't imagine having a dryer and a flash unit or 2 generating heat and then the noise of a compressor all going on at once and trying to concentrate on anything else.

Sites&Signs

When we brought the screen printing in house (dec 09), we had the printing press inside our vinyl department. Worked out just fine because we keep it clean, & its a large room (30'x60'). Best thing I ever did was buy that screen printer, its taken off like a rocket, I know have a full time employee printing shirts all day long everyday. I am know adding a conveyer dryer because of the volume we are now doing...So as soon as that bad boy shows up, we are moving the whole apparel department into its own (30'x60') room and am considering purchasing another press...I have been very lucky that things have gone so well. I will say it was a tuff learning curve at first and I questioned if I even should have bought it...but after some long nights and a few to many beers...we are putting out top notch quality prints all day long...Good luck