• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen printing transparent polycarbonate?

Brittany

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the world of everything graphics. I'm currently finishing up the loose ends for a product I've been working on. The main issue I've run into is a 3 colour print required for polycarbonate panelling, of black, white and reflective silver paint.

The idea is that I have 9 panels of polycarbonate, 280mm x 280mm x 10mm, and that they each have the same graphic on them. I need something that I can do at home for the startup phase. The graphic will be placed on the under side of the polycarbonate sheet, so that it can be viewed through the polycarbonate layer. If I can achieve a relatively even coating, it should look flat enough. The only question after that is how to stop it adhering to the screen, and how to prevent it from wearing over time, as pressure is applied to the under side of the panel.

Does anyone have any product suggestions? I've been tempted to use an acrylic paint w/ a medium for screen printing, then to use a lacquer after it's dried to prevent wear.

Or rather, is screen printing out of the question, and an answer is better suited by another method?