• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screenprinting Help

Signs4Realtors

I have a 4 color manual press and want to screen print this t-shirt design on dark shirts. Not sure if I can do this with only 4 screens? Have done lots of designs on white t-shirts, but not on color ones. Does the white flash layer needs to go first for color t-shirts, then the red, then black and last yellow? I really wanted to do a white layer last to make the text pop but don't think I have enough stations? Thanks!

Attachments

• SUPShirt.jpg
    SUPShirt.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 128

jiarby

with a 4 station press you will have to do the white underbase, then red, yellow and finish with black.

Graphics2u

The white text will be fine doing it in that order?
Yes , Just leave the white areas open on your black screen and it should be fine. Make sure your white covers the shirt well. Or if your using opaque inks and your going on Blue shirts you could get by without a full underbase, but the underbase would make the colors pop more.

503WRAPS

You can't do a highlight white because you don't have enough print heads. I'd go white underbase, flash, white underbase, flash, yellow, black, & red with your situation.

Do not underbase the black. Only underbase the yellow and red.

Dkherr

I would underbase the whole thing. That way, the black pops as much as the yellow and red. If you don't underbase the black on a royal shirt when you have underbased everything else the black will look dull compared to the red and yellow. Its gonna be a heavy print either way. Just make sure to choke the underbase in a little bit and it should be an easy print.