• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkSmash

I'm done with 3M. I hope your entire company reads this. I just lost a massive fleet job thanks to your original wraps add in. A very regular customer of mine had Many vehicles to get done, and the dealership offered him a very attractive leasing option to get them wrapped through them. He was fine with it, but requested that out company did the wraps. Nissan said they refused to use us because we weren't on their "LIST" that original wraps 3M provides to them. How many 10's of thousands of dollars a month do I have to spend on your product to be on your "LIST." This isn't the first job I've lost....to your stupid original wraps program. Why are you even stealing my customers in the first place.. you're a manufacturing company...Don't give me this crap that you aren't my competition either. NOT TO MENTION I got a call from my rep a few months ago and they told me that program was put on the back burner and wasn't going to be launching....Yet another lie. Not to mention my customer was appalled by the quality he got from the first vehicle, and it took WEEKS literally weeks to get it done.. He hates it.. but doesn't have a choice. Maybe you should edit your list.

I really hope you have fun putting your hand into every pie, and enjoy making the customers that make you successful, fail.

Thanks 3M. You're the best.

Greedy

HulkSmash

I'm beyond disgusted with their company.

Get on their list? Pay a lot of money, and hope that idiot who certifies you doesn't have friends anywhere near your zipcode who's already certified?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
...but if the dealers are specifically requesting you - it might be worth the hassle...?

Hope it works out.

HulkSmash

The sheer fact they are telling MY customers who have been using us for a decade we aren't qualified to do the wrap Rages me the most. Who the hell are they to say I'm not qualified?

I guarantee i will destroy any company on the list in wraps and business in general.

Typestries

I agree it's a wonky thing 3M is up to with Original.

We just went through the very same thing. Not sure what do do other than switch wrap films. We burn through ctac, too and it's great stuff other than the ****tay cores and the short rolls. Very frustrating when your supplier becomes your competitor.

HulkSmash

I agree it's a wonky thing 3M is up to with Original.

We just went through the very same thing. Not sure what do do other than switch wrap films. We burn through ctac, too and it's great stuff other than the ****tay cores and the short rolls. Very frustrating when your supplier becomes your competitor.

It's ok 3M sent me half a roll of lam to replace about the ~660 yards i was shorted over the past months. EVERYTHING IS OK.

ProWraps

their product is far from the best. they have the most defects out of any/all manufacturer that we use.

sadly our customers ask for them because they dont have a clue about short rolls, crap in the media, differentials in color between rolls, etc. etc.

sorry to hear bro. thats bullsh*t.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, sorry to hear this from all angles.

This would be the time to set up a 'Steering Committee' and get signatures and backers to go to 3M collectively. I'm sure they're reading this thread and are probably kinda chuckling inside a little about it, but when you have numbers in back of you.... you can move mountains, so to speak.

I'm not up on this kinda stuff, cause it really doesn't effect me/us, so I don't ever see it, but I'd be proud and happy to help wherever I can to stop this kind of dis-service to the very people who got them to where they are today. Now that they're there, they're going after bigger fish and letting us drown in shallow waters. There are slowly starving us of customers and that's not right. Sure, competition is competition, but when you do the kind of volume you do and many others across the board like you..... they let you build a clientele and then pull the rug out from under you once you've established the bar and then tell you .... you are no longer invited to the party.

ProWraps

they are shady shady shady.

everytime we get a big customer and call our rep to see about a break on materials (special pricing authorization), the FIRST thing they ask is who the customer is....

gee why do you think they ask that? what possible reason on gods green earth does it make my money spend any differently with them based on who my customer is?

do the math. needless to say i tell them to pi$$ off and remind them that im not stupid and know their reasoning.

they have been double dipping for a long time.

HulkSmash

their product is far from the best. they have the most defects out of any/all manufacturer that we use.

sadly our customers ask for them because they dont have a clue about short rolls, crap in the media, differentials in color between rolls, etc. etc.

sorry to hear bro. thats bullsh*t.

Have you tried matching up their 30"roll with their 54" inch roll? They NEVER match in color.. at all. the 30" roll is always lighter.. so YAY i get to waste a ton of space because of their inconstant material.

ya, it's all coming out now.. Pushed too far this time.

mudmedia

I knew the original wrap gig was going to be a bad bad deal and figured they would loose some business because of it.

They can use every excuse they want, try to cover up all they want point blank is when it is all said and done they are competing with you and every other shop honestly.

TheSnowman

So 3M screwed people, Avery screwed people, what's left? I've always used Oracal, but are they the only ones not screwing people?

rjssigns

Colorado if you get something going I will back you up. We had the same type of thing here with the Roland dealer. Sold equipment, materials then stole print jobs from clients. I will never spend another dime with him.

Worst part is with 3M they have the where with all to sell wraps as a loss leader until they garner enough market share. Once competition is gone they will be the price makers not price takers.

Been wanting to try different material anyway.

Like Roman Moroni said:
"No good cork sucking sum a na batches"!

mudmedia

So 3M screwed people, Avery screwed people, what's left? I've always used Oracal, but are they the only ones not screwing people?

I do not think Oracal OR Avery actually print and sale wraps and compete with your business..but maybe I am wrong?

I think you are missing the point its not only screwing people and shops in lack of support and inconcistency but they do not mind taking potential clients but yet want you to buy their material that is more expensive than any other material out there for the name.

HulkSmash

3M needs to give Sally Cook at their corporate office a raise, because she literally sat there and took a verbal beating from me for something she knows nothing about and tried her best to help me.
Waiting to hear back from someone who has knowledge on the matter.

HulkSmash

I'm curious what gives them to right to have the dealerships tell my customers i'm not certified to work on their wraps. That's straight disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.