• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Script fonts are the best fonts

MikePro

Prove me wrong, and I would wholeheartedly agree.
Any ideas?
bakery font.jpg

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Script fonts are the best fonts? Is that statement an attempt to troll a big argument? I, for one, do not agree with that statement at all, especially when it comes to sign design.

John Miller

It boggles my mind, but a whole generation of kids, now in their 20s can't read script because grammar schools (at least in the East) stopped teaching script writing. I was making a carved sign for a hair salon last summer and while working on it, it occurred to me that a whole group of young people won't know what the sign says. My niece 23 and nephew 22 ask people to read their birthday cards if they are in script.:eek:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I have to agree with the assessment that the title makes no sense. In the title you're stating your opinion that script fonts are the best. I had no idea that you were looking for the name of a font.
Script fonts have there place but not best in every case. Especially particular script in all caps like some customers insist upon.
upload_2021-2-4_9-25-52.png

JetPress

I think he is saying it sarcastically since they are more difficult to identify using sites like Font Squirrel.;)

MikePro

lol, click-bait'd. thanks for playing :)
Prove me wrong, and I would wholeheartedly agree.

it would have to be one hell of a day for me to wanna come on a font forum to argue. pretty sure the sign community agrees: script < papyrus < comicsans < all other fonts

Last edited:

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
lol, click-bait'd. thanks for playing :)

it would have to be one hell of a day for me to wanna come on a font forum to argue. pretty sure the sign community agrees: script < papyrus < comicsans < all other fonts

Guess you forgot to add in the "/s" but yes I knew what you were saying at least, and hey! in the end is that not all that mattered? :D