• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 62 Laminator Woes.

I have used a Seal laminator exclusively for 5+ years (have owned this on for 1 year), but just recently something has changed that has me perplexed, and I do not know why the laminator is doing this. I do not know if it is the equipment or somehow I am doing something different in loading the laminate that is causing me grief.

As the laminator starts to feed I am getting a "wave" in the center of the vinyl I am laminating, but not on the edges. Eventually this leads to the dreaded "silverfish" or the weird little bubble, and if the print is long enough (12+ ft) I get larger horizontal "curved" bubbles and the eventual ruined print. Heat assist is no help & I use backing paper on the bottom. I do not have a feed or take-up tube (i use the front tray to hold the material as it feeds in). The pressure I consistently use on the front panel is 90-100 (always worked in the past), and I have tried to fine tune the tension ring on the feeding laminate tube to no avail.

Does anyone have any clues?

You are my HERO brother! I would have never guessed the rollers had a purposeful convex shape and I would need to manage it more than I was. And the trick on actually seeing the footprint to manage it is just amazing.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!