• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 65 EL Laminator missing height gauge on newly delivered machine.

richsweeney

Is this standard now? If so what is the procedure to use it?

There is nothing in the user manual, that did not come with it or on the web site.

astraios

We are just about to buy Seal EL and i was wondering the same thing.

There were also few posts on forum that lack of tension bar can be problematic ... richsweeney what is yours experience regarding this?

CanuckSigns

We have the 54el and the height gauge may as well not even be there, it's so inaccurate that we don't even look at it anymore, I eyeball the space between the rollers and adjust as needed.

i bought this machine because I thought I was better off with a low end seal than a no name machine, and looking back I wish I would have done some more research, for what I paid for the seal, I could have gotten a top of the line royal sovereign with heat assist and still had some money left over.

the machine has its kinks, we have learned to work around them for the most part.

LarryB

We are just about to buy Seal EL and i was wondering the same thing.

There were also few posts on forum that lack of tension bar can be problematic ... richsweeney what is yours experience regarding this?

I had a Seal 54el and ended up sending it back because I kept messing up jobs. Very difficult to set up between jobs. I ended up getting the Royal Sovereign 1401 for about the same price and couldn't be happier. So much easier to use and no mess ups. The tension bar makes a big difference.

Also I remember getting shocked a lot with the Seal laminator. While running jobs you could see static electricity sparking at the edge of the rolls.

richsweeney

ouch, not helping here. I am a bit of a newbe, here, sounds like I should have gone with a different machine. I just opened this up on Friday, so I don't even know if it has a tension bar. Our hope is can laminate rolls of material.

For training, it looks like I am dependent on this forum and utube.

astraios

i bought this machine because I thought I was better off with a low end seal than a no name machine, and looking back I wish I would have done some more research, for what I paid for the seal, I could have gotten a top of the line royal sovereign with heat assist and still had some money left over.

I was thinking same as you that low end seal is better than no name (was deciding between Seal EL and Drytac Fuzion with heat assist as RS is not available in my country). Luckily I stumble upon this thread first. Thanks for the tip .... really appreciate the help :thumb:.

CanuckSigns

Don't get me wrong, the laminator works, it's just a VERY entry level machine. laminating full rolls of vinyl, get ready to pull your hair out, the tracking is really bad! I haven't noticed any issues that I would attribute to the lack of tension bar though.

Also, when I called up Seal for help with my tracking issue when the machine was 9 months old, i was told that the machine only has a 6 month warantee and I was SOL unless I wanted to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a tech to come out and "take a peek at it", even the dealer I bought it from didn't know the warantee was only 6 months!

To summarize, the machine is priced quite a bit higher than where it should be, you are paying for the Seal name on the side, but the quality is about on par with one of the Chinese machines you can pick up for 1/3 of the price, Don't be fooled that the machine is better because it's a Seal, it carries pretty much the same warantee as the Chinese units ZERO!