• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Image 62 - Loosing Its Mind

rdm01

We have an older (almost 10 years I think) Seal Image 62 that has been acting up lately. One of it's more frustrating new features is that when trying to lower the top roller it will get all the way down, then continue on up to the top, and then back down. It will just go up and down for 1-2 minutes or until you turn it off.

First thought was that there must have been some limit switches that weren't engaging, but opening it up I wasn't able to spot any off hand. Then, based on some of the other odd new talents it has (not heating or heating and instantly cooling down), I'm starting to think it's main board may have some problems.

Are there places to buy parts for these? Is there anything that I'm overlooking that could be causing this?

Thank you!

dypinc

What I have done on my seal 6100 when it acted up was to pull all cards and connections. Then clean the connection and then loosen and retighten all bolted connections. That seems to have cured all strange behaviors for now. It has been operating correctly for the last couple of month since I did that.

rdm01

What I have done on my seal 6100 when it acted up was to pull all cards and connections. Then clean the connection and then loosen and retighten all bolted connections. That seems to have cured all strange behaviors for now. It has been operating correctly for the last couple of month since I did that.

I like it. I will have someone do that today.

Murray

We had the same symptom. We moved the guide rail on the feed table back a quarter inch ... problem solved. The guide was somehow interupting the safety beam causing the roller to raise immediately after it touched the bottom roller. Not likely your issue but there you have it.