• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Laminator Takeup Rolls...What type of plastic is it??

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi All,

Does anyone know what type of plastic is used for the take-up on the seal image 600? Its some type of grey plastic PVC with a 3" outer diameter. Mine broke & Im trying to find somewhere local to buy it because I'm in a jam now!

phototec

Hi All,

Does anyone know what type of plastic is used for the take-up on the seal image 600? Its some type of grey plastic PVC with a 3" outer diameter. Mine broke & Im trying to find somewhere local to buy it because I'm in a jam now!

Not sure what Seal used for their gray plastic take-up, however if I was in a pinch like you, I would go to an electrical supply house and purchase a 10' stick of 2-1/2" SCH 80 gray PVC conduit, it has outer dia. of 2.875 and that will be about as close as you can come to the 3", you could rap some duct tape around it in the center and two ends building it up 1/8" for the 3" core size.

Again, that's how I think after spending 18 months in Vietnam, we used commo wire and duct tape to modify things all the time.

Good luck.

paul luszcz

It's the inside diameter that has to match. It seems like schedule 40 but you'll have to test it. It attaches by a friction fit to the inside. The fitting expands to increase the tension on the roll. Because its used as a take up reel, it doesn't have to fit a core, it has to have the right tension.

paul luszcz

It's the inside diameter that has to match. It seems like schedule 40 but you'll have to test it. It attaches by a friction fit to the inside. The fitting expands to increase the tension on the roll. Because its used as a take up reel, it doesn't have to fit a core, it has to have the right tension.

By the way how did it break? My laminator came with two (in 1996) and although all sliced up, I couldn't break one if I tried.( Try snapping a piece of 3" schedule 40)

MikeD

Not to hijack this thread, but I've been trying to find a laminator with a take-up and in-line slitting blades with no luck- except for large units and we only process 30" media. What brands and sizes are you guys using? I have resorted to building my own take-ups and slitters, and it is very time consuming.
Thanks for the advice.

phototec

Not to hijack this thread, but I've been trying to find a laminator with a take-up and in-line slitting blades with no luck- except for large units and we only process 30" media. What brands and sizes are you guys using? I have resorted to building my own take-ups and slitters, and it is very time consuming.
Thanks for the advice.

I have a 54" wide laminator and have wanted to add a SLITTER, but have not found one.

You say you have built your own, can you pleas provide more info and photos on what you have built?

Thanks