• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Seal SolvoPrint™ Easy Dot leaves residue after removal

Andrew Hodgson

We printed on the Seal SolvoPrint™ Easy Dot vinyl using our HP Latex 260 printer. We installed a 40" W x 20" H print on some elevator doors at a hotel. After 3 days, we removed the cling and it left a residue on the elevator. What type of products can we use to clean up the residue?

We tried using goof off on the right side and you can see it didn't work.

Can anyone suggest a vinyl material that would work with latex ink that might leave less of a residue?

Attachments

• residue.jpg
    residue.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 240
  • brass-door.jpg
    brass-door.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Johnny Best

Those look like brass elevator doors. And, you might have a rough time getting that off. It has a clear finish over the metal and marks like that of residue are hard to remove. Call the cleaning service that takes care of the building and see if they can help.

Andrew Hodgson

Orajet 3628. We've used it on stainless elevators, floors, and windows without leaving residue.

Thanks for your reply. We haven't had issues with stainless elevator doors. There is something different about these doors. I think they have some type of protective coating that the adhesive stuck to.

Andrew Hodgson

Those look like brass elevator doors. And, you might have a rough time getting that off. It has a clear finish over the metal and marks like that of residue are hard to remove. Call the cleaning service that takes care of the building and see if they can help.

We ended up using Acetone to get the adhesive off and use WD-40 as a final coat once the adhesive was off. We are going to say no to all brass surfaces moving forward. This was a nightmare.

AF

Very fine stainless steel and wax will polish off the damage to the laquer coat. As mentioned above, brass has to be clear coated because it tarnishes when exposed to air. If you burn through the laquer, hit it with rattle can Deft after stripping any wax and repolish. This may get expensive for you.