Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for Polarized Clear Acrylic or Adhesive Film

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by IDB Signs, Aug 1, 2019.

1. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    Hello, all!

We are searching for a solution for glare when viewing exterior clear acrylic. Unfortunately we aren't able to use the P12 or P99 acrylics, beause there needs to be optical clarity all the way through the sign.

Does anyone know of a polarized clear acrylic, or perhaps a film or spray that we could apply to the sheet?

Thanks in advance!

2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    curious if you've found anything..... as p99 has always been my solution, or applying a satin/matte overlaminate, but you'll have that slightly chalky light-matte cloudiness when viewing through the acrylic. I see no resources for polarized acrylic sheets, just small applications like eyeglasses & camera lenses.

3. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    How big is the sign? I would go to a window tinting forum and ask there, I would think that would be more their forte.

• Agree Agree x 1