• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Colorpainter 64S Magenta printhead bad

Slof

Hi,

I've got a problem with my magenta printhead on the Seiko Colorpainter 64S. I've attached an scanned image of the problem. There are lots of nozzles missing. Cleaning didnt help, did a fill-cap overnight but the problem remains. How to fix this problem?

Grtz,
Slof

Attachments

• magenta.jpg
    magenta.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 409

d fleming

Over the long weekend do a fillcap and let set. Before you do, fill the magenta cap with a squirt or two of capping solution as well. Run a few cleans on Tuesday, if no good still might be time for a head.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
One thing you should check before replacing the print head is swap the Lt. Magenta and Magenta ink lines going to the print head, the problem you are having could be caused because of a bad Damper or O-Ring letting in air, if it is then the Lt Magenta head will have a problem and the Magenta head, now printing with Lt. Magenta, will clear up.