• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seiko printing problem

qure

Hi, i have a SEIKO w64s now rebranded OKI ... one month ago i changed OEM ink to third party ink. It printed ok for few days and then started to loose nozzles during printing. I found that ink is smeared on the bottom of the head on the plate and then it dries up and clogs nozzles (see attached pic). i changed ink to OEM just CYAN but the problems persists. Its odd because magenta is working well from the start and not having any problems but then magenta is the new head which was changed few months ago and have a protective plate under the head.is it possible that different chemistry of the third party ink destroyed my heads?. Anybody heard about this kind of problems, maybe on other printers? thank you in advance for your help ...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    903.8 KB · Views: 397

Joe House

We see it often. And it's not unusual for one color to react differently than another. I would go to the vendor that sold you the third party ink and ask them to make it right for you.

qure

We see it often. And it's not unusual for one color to react differently than another. I would go to the vendor that sold you the third party ink and ask them to make it right for you.
Vendor said that this is the ink for the W series but i think that changing ink without flushing and cleaning heads and damper and tubes with cleaning solution did the trick, that difference in ink chemistry between the two inks made this. Do you think this is salvageable?

AlsEU

Difficult question - you never know, how the ink (or mixture of two inks) damaged the head. Who did the conversion - you or someone from the third party ink supplier? Did you test, how these two inks are mixing together? The formulation of different colour may be different, so two cyans may work together without any issues, two magentas will sediment or become gel.

qure

Difficult question - you never know, how the ink (or mixture of two inks) damaged the head. Who did the conversion - you or someone from the third party ink supplier? Did you test, how these two inks are mixing together? The formulation of different colour may be different, so two cyans may work together without any issues, two magentas will sediment or become gel.
I did the conversion myself with help of the suppliers service guy over the phone. every color was released back to the cartridges and then the new ink was pulled in by pumps in to the heads, but the system was not (i can see now) properly cleaned nor is was suggested by the service guy. it seems to me that the heads are not damaged but just the chemistry is not adequate to sustain work conditions or is it my wishful thinking.

Joe House

As AlsEU said - you never know. If you did this per the supplier's instructions, I would still be asking them for a resolution. The only hack that I could think of would be to use a cleaning fluid (the OEM or the third party - not sure which would be more effective) and try to get the head to clean out that way. Probably soaking the nozzle plate then using some gentile syringe action with through the ink tube to see if you can clear up the clogs. I would try to suck backwards from the nozzle plate up through the ink tube. But be gentle. At this point, you probably can't make it worse as you'll have to replace the head if you can't recover it.

Good luck

qure

As AlsEU said - you never know. If you did this per the supplier's instructions, I would still be asking them for a resolution. The only hack that I could think of would be to use a cleaning fluid (the OEM or the third party - not sure which would be more effective) and try to get the head to clean out that way. Probably soaking the nozzle plate then using some gentile syringe action with through the ink tube to see if you can clear up the clogs. I would try to suck backwards from the nozzle plate up through the ink tube. But be gentle. At this point, you probably can't make it worse as you'll have to replace the head if you can't recover it.

Good luck
The heads are working fine after a cleaning cycle and doing fine foe a while and then it gets like this (see attached pic). i can do few jobs on them just keeping eye on the banding to clean it when it gets clogged. i seems to me that heads are having air leak that is causing this problem but then again i heard that heads have some kind of fluidphobic material on them and when it gets damaged ink stuck to the head plate so i worry that this maybe colud be it.

qure

problem solved, it was a wiper cleaning solution that was poluted and wiper was not cleaning heads as it should have probably incompabitlity of solvent for oem and third party ink. everything is working now as it should be. nobody tought to look the bottom of the heads after cleaning and presumed that if the print is clean in the start that wiper is doing its job. thanks everybody for helping