• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selection between mimaki CJV-160 & ROLAND VERSA CAM 640i

Kaushal Nandu

I am planing to buy eco-solvent print and cut, but I am bit confused between mimaki CJV-160 & Roland versa cam 640i, can anyone share experience or give any feed back for the machines

My CJV150 prints very well, I couldn't be happier with it. It does everything from extremely good quality 3x3" laptop decals to 2 pass 360 dpi banners, cutter is super precise, I have mine set up with 8 colors.

Mimaki pros:

Cheaper ink ($75 vs $105)
Comes with a take up unit and ink set
Sheet cut function is fast and leaves clean cut line (doesn't seems to be a biggie but on Roland you'll cut off the sheet manually I guarantee)
Roller pressure can be adjusted so you'll have no marks on print
640i is discontinued

Roland pros:

Versaworks is really userfriendly (mimaki's rasterlink is ugly, crowded, unlogical and freezes a lot of times, real pain in the A, print time estimation is way off - wonder if ink estimation is accurate? )
Roland can kiss cut AND perf cut one after another. Mimaki can kiss cut OR half cut but not both.

Both machines are designed in Japan, you cannot go wrong with either one, you should choose the one with a closer dealer to you.

Oh, and one more thing - although the printheads are the same, roland charges $3000 to change it and mimaki charges $2500

Kaushal Nandu

My CJV150 prints very well, I couldn't be happier with it. It does everything from extremely good quality 3x3" laptop decals to 2 pass 360 dpi banners, cutter is super precise, I have mine set up with 8 colors.

Mimaki pros:

Cheaper ink ($75 vs $105)
Comes with a take up unit and ink set
Sheet cut function is fast and leaves clean cut line (doesn't seems to be a biggie but on Roland you'll cut off the sheet manually I guarantee)
Roller pressure can be adjusted so you'll have no marks on print
640i is discontinued

Roland pros:

Versaworks is really userfriendly (mimaki's rasterlink is ugly, crowded, unlogical and freezes a lot of times, real pain in the A, print time estimation is way off - wonder if ink estimation is accurate? )
Roland can kiss cut AND perf cut one after another. Mimaki can kiss cut OR half cut but not both.

Both machines are designed in Japan, you cannot go wrong with either one, you should choose the one with a closer dealer to you.

Oh, and one more thing - although the printheads are the same, roland charges $3000 to change it and mimaki charges $2500

Thank you very much for your valuable feed back it is very helpful.