• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Self Healing Mat On Rolls Roller

Does anyone know the name of the material that rolls roller uses for their self healing mats. It's not the same as the standard sign shop cutting mat. It's not white it's almost completely clear.

ikarasu

Thanks at least these guys have a US based website. Probably try these. Going to see how thick they are.

They're pretty big, they're multi national... They have Canadian suppliers, US suppliers, and I believe german. Though I'm not sure if the matts ship from US... You can search the forum for "Yellotools", theres abig thread with a bunch of their tools in it.

You can see how thick / clear it is here. I'll be purchasing one in a month or so, if you get it before me, let me know how you like it!

Asuma01

What exactly do they even mean by self healing? Because in my experience this stuff gets cut up just like anything else.

What exactly do they even mean by self healing? Because in my experience this stuff gets cut up just like anything else.

Correct. When you cut a self healing mat it doesn't magically fuse back together. But if you cut a sheet of LDPE it leaves a groove and the two cut sides don't touch anymore. When you cut a self healing mat the gap recloses on itself. These ones on the rolls roller are the best i've used but even after time these still need to be replaced.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's typically 5-10mm soft clear pvc. Same thing they use for freezers and boat Bimini windows. It's also what they use to use in convertible car windows before they switched to glass.

Brandon708

I have that kinda clear cutting mat on my Roll-X and I really didn't like it from day one. It is very soft and cuts very very easily and leaves marks that are visible in each cut. I quickly ordered a standard white "sign" cutting mat from SpeedPress. I still have the clear one on the table but the speed press mat is over the top of it.

I

CanuckSigns

I have that kinda clear cutting mat on my Roll-X and I really didn't like it from day one. It is very soft and cuts very very easily and leaves marks that are visible in each cut. I quickly ordered a standard white "sign" cutting mat from SpeedPress. I still have the clear one on the table but the speed press mat is over the top of it.

I
Same, our clear mat that came with our rolls roller cuts so very easily, after a year it was destroyed, and it's not even our main cutting mat, it was just from cutting of edges of laminate etc.

We put a piece of 1/8" PVC on top of it, and no longer cut on it, the PVC lasts about 8 months, but only costs $40 to replace

klingsdesigns

We have a rhino mat now but i cut on it a couple times and it left big marks so we no longer cut on it. We always cut on carboard but that is a pia

AF

We use Rhino mats. Even if you are careful about cuts, the mat develops raised ridges. You can remove the ridges with a bodifile or cabinet scraper to restore the level surface.