• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selling drops and random substrates in a "Special Sale". Has anyone done that?

LoGl

We are doing some remodeling of our barn. I have, for at least the 4th time, moved a bunch of leftover substrates. My husband has threatened me that this is "the last time" he moves anything! :omg::banghead:

Has anyone successfully done a "sale" of sorts to get rid of overstock? Wondering if anyone had a creative idea on marketing them. I have all kinds of aluminum blanks/sizes. Blank banners that for whatever reason never got lettered. Vinyl colors that are sitting and not getting used because we generally print most stuff now. I have donated lots of scrap to our local schools, and that makes them real happy....but impossible to do with everything.

Thoughts??

mjkjr

I've thought about doing this myself, but haven't yet. I have lots of various rigid substrate drops on my shelves. I'm also curious how others have gone about this.

My idea so far that I hope to try soon is to gather drops that are close in size and cut them to the same size. So instead of having to sell a hundred different unusual sizes, I would reduce it to a handful of unusual sizes to sell. Then I was thinking I'd send an email advertising a percentage discount on any order of one of these handful of sizes.

One day I'm sure I'll find the time to actually do this :D

Z SIGNS

I have a motto in my shop

If it's taking up space and not making me money it gets pitched in the dumpster.

T

TonyC

We cut our drops to a list of standard sizes. We keep a FEW random scraps that don't fit within our standard sizes. All other drops find the trash.

Last time we moved I filled 2 trucks with scraps. Never again.