• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

selling my gear...

Former member

So Im getting out of the sign biz, and I'm selling my gear to a fellow sign guy / friend and I want to be sure I'm in the ball park on asking price. I'm selling it all together:

• Roland SP540 with take -up system (older, but has been serviced & works like a champ)
  • Royal Sov cold 65" laminator- ( works perfectly)
  • Rip Computer ( decent rip station- not a design computer but includes legit Flexi Pro and Rip Software)
  • 24" DGI plotter ( works fine)
  • A BUNCH of tools ( squeegees, knives, heat guns, etc)
  • A Bunch of materials ( vinyls,laminates, banner, etc)No full rolls, but still a pretty decent inventory
  • And my entire collection of clip art ( juice drops, + lots of choice vector art)
  • Plus some personal training & set up

What would you say that package was worth?
Thanks

Last edited:

thesignguy1986

I see you have a DGI plotter. Is it the 24" DGI Omega Plotter. If so do you have any extra by chance I've been looking for another. Also I really don't know what the price would be maybe $35k? I mean it all depends how successful the business is, does he get the name and number, or even staying in the same location?

It all depends

Extreme Graffix

I had a guy offer me his equipment all the same except he had a different plotter and he offered it to me for 14k.So i am with zmatalucci.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Being out here on the free forums.... I couldn't give an actual number. All you're doing is telling lurkers how much or how little it can cost to get into the business.

I would sooner think the whole lot is worth $70,000.00 American money..... nothing less.

Extreme Graffix

Blade whatever you do make sure you have them sign something and make them understand they dont get your name.Thats what happened to me.The reason i had to change my name.I had two locations and i thought i had who i thought was a friend run the other one. Well he kept telling me he wanted to own it instead of just running it if i would sell it to him we could still partner up and work together.This guy was friend since i was a kid so he was like a brother.So i did it. Well the next thing i know he is sueing me for a bunch of money and i tried to call him to find out what the heck the deal was he wouldnt' answer my calls.So i showed up to court low and behold he had a lawyer.
He was going on that i owed him all this money because i was operating under his business name and he was entitled to it.Since i didnt have anything in writing saying i didnt sell him the name the judge ruled for him.I got out of paying him what he wanted but i was ordered to change my name and turn over everything i had with that name on it. If i didnt want to turn it over i had to detsroy it.The only exception was if i had accounts that had that name and they couldnt be changed i could keep them but i couldnt use it to make money with. Since i couldnt change it here i got to keep it.The judge at time was a very crooked guy and did alot of dirty crap.Since then a new judge has been elected in and i have a lawyer working on it now seeing what they can do.I didnt involve one then because it was one of them cases you think is a waste of time and there is no way you can lose boy did they prove me wrong.

Pat Whatley

Are you saying he sued you and you didn't even read it to find out why...you waited until you were in court to find out? :banghead:

The laws probably differ state to state but in Alabama it wouldn't matter...if you didn't specifically assign your DBA name to him in writing he couldn't legally get a business license in that name and could not operate in that name. If he did and there was any confusion first proven use would get rights to the name.

Extreme Graffix

Yeah pat i wish it was that easy here. half the time you dont get your court papers until two days before it is time to be there if that long. When you go to the court house and ask qeutions all they can tell you is that the reason is on the paperwork.If you cant read it or they only put a half a@@ remark you have no clue.In my county as long as you pay the fees they didnt care how many business's had that name they would give you a liscence. Now they are a lot more strict than they was. They make you show documents now that help protect you more.The judge didnt care how long i was in business using that name. Since the guy paid me and i didnt have it in writing he ruled that i sold him the name too. So i lost. I wil never have a so called partner and you cant't trust nobody no matter how long you have been friends. The only thing i can thank god for is that judge is no longer judge. I wasnt the only one he did dirty and it caught up to him.

Pat Whatley

Hell, could be worse. My "partner" went to prison for the $128,000 that he "deposited into the wrong checking account" over the course of 18 months (former owners money). Prison lasted 16 months.

I'd be willing to go to prison for $7000 a month.

binki

If you are in California you will need to collect or pay sales tax on the transaction as well and depending on the county provide a disposition statement to them so they can collect annual property tax from the new owner.

thesignguy1986

Patrick 46 yes I put $35k. I was assuming it was his business in entire. Name, customers, office space and such. If it's just the equipment well then yea I'd say it's just a little high lol.