• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sending a print *then* cut job in onyx (with marks)

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So I’ve just switched to onyx on our mimaki. Managed to get a job to print and cut but it didn’t print the cut marks - just wondering if anyone can share how they have print and cut jobs set up on theirs? (It’s a CJV30)

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We have a QuickSet that is used when we need to contour cut.
You need to ensure that you have your cutter selected as well as the spot colour names/cutting path prefixes specified as the example below:

upload_2020-3-30_22-41-40.png

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We have a QuickSet that is used when we need to contour cut.
You need to ensure that you have your cutter selected as well as the spot colour names/cutting path prefixes specified as the example below:

View attachment 146302

Got all that, not new to cutcontour, just new to sending a print and cut file in onyx to a printer/cutter.

Been running a Colorado and a summa on onyx for a year or so using the barcode server so haven’t had to print and cut a job in one swoop lol.

currently managed to get it to print and cut a job, by selecting “by printer” in the cutter menu.

and I can get it to print the marks by selecting “Mimaki cutter” but then it doesn’t actually cut.

Never easy lol

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Got all that, not new to cutcontour, just new to sending a print and cut file in onyx to a printer/cutter.

Been running a Colorado and a summa on onyx for a year or so using the barcode server so haven’t had to print and cut a job in one swoop lol.

currently managed to get it to print and cut a job, by selecting “by printer” in the cutter menu.

and I can get it to print the marks by selecting “Mimaki cutter” but then it doesn’t actually cut.

Never easy lol

Do you need the marks though if you're printing/cutting in one step? I know we were told to use cropmarks when printing/cutting on our UCJV (I guess they admit they're not accurate enough without cropmarks??) but we've always printed/cut on our Rolands without cropmarks with perfect accuracy. I can't say I've tried the print/cut route out of onyx before. Usually when we're printing out of onyx it's because we print on our Roland or Mimaki then cut on the Summa.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
It’s more of a backup than anything else, most of the jobs we run through the mimaki now are just print and cut, but in its old age it’s sometimes temperamental.

I’d love to run these through the summa but the summa barcode basically means we’d only get 3 up instead of 4 as it needs about 1/2” at either side of the media and the artwork is already really tight.

We also run thousands of these with unique info on them so adding the summa marks as an extra step isn’t really an option.

Ran a good few today though and no issues without the print and cut, would just be ideal to have the marks as a backup!