• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sending proof to customer - cnc/autocad

partysigns1

Premium Subscriber
How do you go about sending an autocad proof image to a customer. Is there specific software you use or recommend to help you better track your proofs to customers?

I am making mostly letters and custom designs using a cnc router.

AF

If you are concerned about them taking your design and running to a competitor, you change your printer to “dwg to jpg” to print to image. This is a taster that can be wholesale imported into illustrator. If you trust your client, then you will choose me the printer type “dwg to pdf” to save as pdf. Older versions may require acrobat or other third party pdf driver.

You can also hit “print screen” on Windows and paste into paint. Or use the snipping tool.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You can also hit “print screen” on Windows and paste into paint. Or use the snipping tool.

Better to use the free windows Snipping Tool. hit the windows key, type snip and you should see it in a list. Marquee select what you want to capture then copy/paste.
Could design a read only template form with various blocks of info i.e. date, company logo etc. Then open the template and paste your snip onto it. Then neither export the whole thing as a jpg/png or print to pdf.

I used to use a macro for this. 1 click and it would copy selected, open my template, then paste. The date would automatically update and the title would be the filename etc.