• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Motor Error 0080 and 0010

Brob86

I have and it was a little dirty. Used three alchol swabs and its good to go but I am still getting Scan motor error's. It went into cleaning one time for about 5 seconds and kick out a service call 105.

Brob86

Well I had my service guy come in on a sat, (thank god) and he fixed me up. All the belts got cleaned and he also reset the carriage. But I am back up and running again. Thanks everyone

CustomRide

It actually says Scan Motor Error. I posted it wrong.

When this happens you need to get into the tech side of the maintenance section of the printer....so enter the universal roland code in most cases or call the dealer and they can walk you through this...I am not sure of the exact steps but it takes no joke 120 seconds to fix in most cases and can be done over the phone!

This usually happens when there is resistance on the carriage due to atmosphere changes....or in some case for no apparent reason at all.

The remedy is to re- calibrate the printers carriage location. The printers carriage is basically trying to go somewhere its not capable of going or does not have enough slack in the mechanical operation to complete the motion do to something getting slightly out of spec.

This can happen on either the cap top side of the printer or the other end of the printer where you clean the heads.....Sometimes you can get it out of the error code with no calibration by pushing the head back in the lock position on top of the caps this will keep you printing but it will come back especially in the middle of a big print. Just really depends on which way the calibration is off. Your printer is just basically throwing a code showing there is some type of resistance within the carriage tracking and its cause the printer is trying to pull it too far to the right or left or does not have enough room to make the movements needed....its almost like a print head crash error....the printer will stop and throw a code when there is resistance to save the print heads.

We have had this happen on our VP/s and XC's and first time it freaked us out cause no one wants to see an error but our dealer walked us through everything in 2 minutes.....sometimes this code can come and go so cleaning it not always the fix. If your dealer does not know about this simple problem and fix I would get a new dealer cause this can happen at any random time and can really screw up a day of printing.

CustomRide

Well I had my service guy come in on a sat, (thank god) and he fixed me up. All the belts got cleaned and he also reset the carriage. But I am back up and running again. Thanks everyone

They love milking those service calls....for the guys out of warranty make them fix this over the phone.

WrapCity

I know this is an older thread but, we have been having the same problem and our service tech is rarely available when we need him. We have had either a scan motor error or a service call error about 6 times in the past week. I did learn about resetting the limit switches (which everyone should) it is a very simple process.

I also discovered that the cutting head carriage was loose, I tightened it with a 3mm hex wrench and all seems to be going well. I will update again if we have more problems.

So, learn about resetting the limits and check the carriage for the cutter too (make sure it doesn't wobble at all on the track) Good luck :)

darrellcarpenay

I have the same problem with the scan motor error - it sometimes comes up as 0080 or 0010. This happens even when I try to do a test print for print crop calib.

I tried getting into service mode but am getting the message "SERVICE MODE PROTECTED" - I don't know if anyone knows how to get into service mode on a Versacamm SP 540i.

Please help - as CUSTOMRIDE said - I might need to recalibrate the printers carriage location - but I have to get into Service Mode first.

darrellcarpenay

Fix for this 0080

Troubleshooting this my tech said it could be three causes

1. slack carriage belt
2. bad motor
3. bad servo board

youll have to get the service manual for the sp540i or whatever version you own to know how to check these since you'll have to open the machine.

You can check the belt with your finger to know if it's tight. mine was

On to the motor - get into service mode and run the motor scan aging - if it gives the error then it's probably your motor. this was the case with mine

if the scan is successful with the motor it's probably your servo board gone bad

before you do all of this you can also open the machine cover and check the motor to see if it looks like it's wearing out. for mine the gear was moving back and was moving into the flange. but i didnt know what to look for

before all these considerations though - do your limit initialize and see if it solves the problem -
when you do the limit initialize you have to follow with linear calib and flushing adjust in the service menu. the flushing adjust will determine how far back the carriage moves while printing so do it right and when you print you shouldnt get the contact with carriage and cap heads.

replacing the motor is easy - if needed just follow the instructions in the service manual and get it done yourself. you'll have to do a few adjustments afterwards but better than having a down printer.

good luck

rapidmike

I have had this problem before

I have a Rolland versa cam 54. And a so jet 64 xj.
I am have a problem with a scan motor error on my sj. I have replaced the belt, pulley, encoder strip and en order reader. That made allotted of improvements on my print quality, but is still throwing up error message when it gets to cap side of printer. Any suggestions on how to calibrate the heads location.. Thanks

factory graphx

I have the same problem with the scan motor error - it sometimes comes up as 0080 or 0010. This happens even when I try to do a test print for print crop calib.

I tried getting into service mode but am getting the message "SERVICE MODE PROTECTED" - I don't know if anyone knows how to get into service mode on a Versacamm SP 540i.

Please help - as CUSTOMRIDE said - I might need to recalibrate the printers carriage location - but I have to get into Service Mode first.
did you ever find out how to get past the service mode protected

podunk

PoDunk209
Start with machine off. press V><^ >v< then hold together >v< while pressing power. Do this quickly enough and you will get unlimited lives ;)

Stormyj

Just another guy
For some reason I thought this was

up up down down left right left right B A start (enter)
:)

Paradoxgraphics

:thumb:
For some reason I thought this was

up up down down left right left right B A start (enter)
:)
Sooooo, I have been getting this error on and off since i did maintenance, pulling my hair out and freaking out, all to realize the carriage was hanging up on the service cover that had not been properly installed. DOH!