• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Set-up / Install help HP9000s

Sign_Something

Hi everyone. Im just looking for a little bit of help and or guidance. I just purchased a used (obviously) Hp 9000s. The printer was very cheap and in working condition so I figured Id give it a shot knowing ill only need to get a few jobs out of it to get my money back on it. I would also like to start out by saying, I know this is an old machine without any real support behind it anymore.

The major problem I am having currently is hooking it up to my pc so I can run some test prints. I had a very hard time finding the usb drivers for it but I was able to get them from onyx's website. I installed the drivers "successfully" and the computer now sees the 9000s. However it doesnt recognize it as a printer. It puts it in an unknown category. So because of this I cant send any images to it to print. So here is my big question. Do I have a problem or is this normal. Do I NEED a rip program to recognize and send images to this printer no matter what? I understand the advantages to a rip and I will likely be getting one but for the time being Id like to run a few test prints if possible.

My only prior experience with a large format printer is the epson 9800 I have. That one you just download the driver from epson, the computer sees it as a printer and you can print to it form basically anywhere. I mostly use qimage for this printer but thats not looking like an option for this 9000s

Thanks in advance and I appoligize for my ignorance on the subject.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Digital factory...

Hi everyone. Im just looking for a little bit of help and or guidance. I just purchased a used (obviously) Hp 9000s. The printer was very cheap and in working condition so I figured Id give it a shot knowing ill only need to get a few jobs out of it to get my money back on it. I would also like to start out by saying, I know this is an old machine without any real support behind it anymore.

The major problem I am having currently is hooking it up to my pc so I can run some test prints. I had a very hard time finding the usb drivers for it but I was able to get them from onyx's website. I installed the drivers "successfully" and the computer now sees the 9000s. However it doesnt recognize it as a printer. It puts it in an unknown category. So because of this I cant send any images to it to print. So here is my big question. Do I have a problem or is this normal. Do I NEED a rip program to recognize and send images to this printer no matter what? I understand the advantages to a rip and I will likely be getting one but for the time being Id like to run a few test prints if possible.

My only prior experience with a large format printer is the epson 9800 I have. That one you just download the driver from epson, the computer sees it as a printer and you can print to it form basically anywhere. I mostly use qimage for this printer but thats not looking like an option for this 9000s

Everything you need is CADLink digital factory 3 software.

Try digital factory 3 *Trial* Version FULLY WORKING 30 *DAY TRIAL

More info;
https://www.cadlink.com

This Program support drivers of your print and cut.
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

Download:
ftp://ftp.cadlink.com/pub/commercialrelease/trial/DF3Trial.exe

Motoko Susu

yes you are going to need a ripper for it we use a dj8000s in our shop and run it on onyx 10 in a XP box
the Epson you mentioned is a aqueous printer if memory sever me right much like our dj4000 and those most time do not need a ripper though onyx can drive a 4000. so you are going to need to find a ripper for it and the bad new is most ripping software costly. the only "test prints" you and going to be able to run are the actual function and calibration test prints until you find a rip no way around it.

danno

We just retired our 9000s. They were running with Onyx 10.2 and Windows XP. I had been informed that the units would work with Windows 7 and a different Onyx driver. I was also informed by Onyx that the 9000 wouldn't work with the latest version of Windows or Onyx.