• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting cut force on Gerber Envision 375

Matthew Scher

How do you manually set the cut force on the Envision? I read through the manual and tried setting the force. I'm used to other cutters that are set in grams, the Envision is set in Ounces. But then when I cut I'm not certain it uses the right force. The only way I got it to cut though is to send the cut job 3x, then it was fine. But it should be easier by properly setting the cut force.

On the Graphtec I set the force then do a test cut and make sure it works. I can then adjust the force as needed. On the gerber I cannot seem to do that. Maybe the force setting is just not high enough, but when I try the test cut it is a very large job (I'm used to a small 1/2" square on Graphtec).

What is the proper procedure to set the force on the cutter and make sure it is properly set? Is there a way to configure the machine to use grams?

Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi Matthew.

The downforce is adjustable on the plotter keypad by pressing the F4 button and then the F3 button. It is simply a plus or minus change. In Omega, it is controlled in GSPPlot by saved settings for every material covered by Gerber and is adjustable in the plotter settings. The setting is shown in both ounces and grams. Any change can be saved in preferences.

Matthew Scher

Hi Matthew.

The downforce is adjustable on the plotter keypad by pressing the F4 button and then the F3 button. It is simply a plus or minus change. In Omega, it is controlled in GSPPlot by saved settings for every material covered by Gerber and is adjustable in the plotter settings. The setting is shown in both ounces and grams. Any change can be saved in preferences.

Thanks Fred. I did try that and didn't see it in grams on the LCD of the cutter. Maybe that shows grams only in the software. Is there a small test cut I can do from the cutter? Or do I have to send a small job from the software?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes.

To access additional settings, calibration, test jobs etc., hold down the Enter button, press F3 and then press F2.