• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question sg 540 and sp 540 users

Catherineeee

Hello sg 540 and sp 540 users. May i have your feedback with these two machine. The sp540 is an old machine, and one of my previous mates wanted to sell it to me, but i never had a machine similar to this, can you share your thoughts on this machine pls? for sg 540, we heard it new and been interested aswell but can find any informations, comments in this forum.

any thoughts are open.
TIA!

rjssigns

Our SP540V is running well without any major issues. Print quality is great, even gradients. In the last two months it has printed 5 full rolls of cast material. Roughly 229 meters in length. Banners and calendared material were also printed during that time. It is a slow printer though. Full van wraps take about 9 hours.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The SP series from Roland are some of the best used machines I have worked on. If it's in good shape, it's a good machine. The Vg series I have heard there are some bugs they are still working out.

Catherineeee

thanks for the feedback guys. but i have been looking for the speeds/printmodes of these two and it seems that its not available in their webpage. would you know on where i could check this pls?

TIA. :)

rjssigns

Standard(720x720) is roughly 32 square feet per hour or ~ 3 square meters per hour. Draft mode(360x360) is a bit over 100 square feet per hour or ~ 9.3 square meters per hour.

IslandSignWorks

Hello sg 540 and sp 540 users. May i have your feedback with these two machine. The sp540 is an old machine, and one of my previous mates wanted to sell it to me, but i never had a machine similar to this, can you share your thoughts on this machine pls? for sg 540, we heard it new and been interested aswell but can find any informations, comments in this forum.

any thoughts are open.
TIA!

I have two locations, one has an SP540 and one has a VS540. The SP540 is older (7-ish years old) but runs perfectly. It's easy to get parts and ink and the techs all like to work on them. It runs all day every day and is a workhorse. We're opening a 3rd location soon, and as long as the print heads are good, I'd get another SP540 on the secondary market before I bought a new one. The color quality is awesome. My only disappointment with the SP540 is the print-cut alignment sucks and no matter how many times it's calibrated it can't be corrected. The VS540 is much better for contour cuts with tight registration.

Catherineeee

Standard(720x720) is roughly 32 square feet per hour or ~ 3 square meters per hour. Draft mode(360x360) is a bit over 100 square feet per hour or ~ 9.3 square meters per hour.
hello, thanks for the feedback.. :) but with the speeds you mentioned, are you referring to sg540 or sp540?

Thanks, :)