• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sgia 2011

BLC411

I'm headed to SGIA 2011 (New Orleans) this year and I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions as far as hotel accommodations, entertainment, etc... while I'm there. My last hotel left much to be desired and I'm by no means picky. I'd also like to hear if anyone else will be going this year and what products and equipment people are going to be checking out. I visited the show back in 2009 and skipped last years show hoping it would be in a different city this year, but it looks like it's back to the Big Easy! Suggestions and input would be great much appreciated.

BLC411

hmmmm...

This is my first post as a new member of the community and so far I'm astounded by the replies just flooding in... Is there something I'm missing or a trick I need to learn?

sar bossier

This is my first post as a new member of the community and so far I'm astounded by the replies just flooding in... Is there something I'm missing or a trick I need to learn?

Here are a few ... I haven't been to Nawlins for a while, but since Katrina, it is MUCH cleaner, and vibrant.

O'Keefe Plaza Hotel

Le Richelieu in the French Quarter http://www.signs101.com/hotel/us/le...60681299;sid=b01f46dc115ddafbbf38aaca62860420

Chateau Hotel

Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles http://www.signs101.com/hotel/us/le...60681299;sid=b01f46dc115ddafbbf38aaca62860420

WrapperX

Some threads are just more appealing then others.

As for SGIA I don't know to much about it. But New Orleans is a tricky place - some places are really nice - French Quarter, Historic Distircts, etc - but be weary in the evening, it can be dangerous and get unpleasant very quickly! During the day its a great place to be. I guess the question is what do you expect from your hotel? And what do you want to do that is in proximity to your hotel? I stayed at the Olivier which is right off Bourbon St. - great location if you want to get to the party real quick. But for you - you probably want something closer to the Convention...so it's hard telling you what to look for with out knowing what you want.

HulkSmash

welcome from Denver. Not going back to SGIA until it's back in Vegas, and i can stay at my paris hotel in my normal room overlooking the strip.

until then..........!

cajun312

They have hotels close by the convention center. Also a bunch at the end of Canal Street.
All within walking distance of the French Quarter, but I wouldn't walk alone at night. Two blocks from the French Quarter and you are in a different world.
Motels with normal prices would be in Metarie, about a 15 minute drive to the convention center.
I'm glad I'm close enough to drive there in the morning and return home that night.

This sort of shows you areas you will want to avoid.

http://media.nola.com/graphics/other/OrleansParishMurders.swf

petesign

My wife and I went last year for our anniversary. We stayed in a nice bed and breakfast. The rate was very competitive, and we could walk to the trolley. If you want to experience a little more of new orleans, it's a good route to go.

OK Who's going? I will be there for some negotiations.

If there is enough of us or any interest we could arrange a reception or whatever.

Anyone going to any of the receptions? Awards? etc...pm me let me know.