• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shaper Origin CNC

CreatedDesigns

Well mine is supposed to show up tomorrow. Going to try to cut .080” Aluminum and ACM. Anyone else jump and make the purchase last year?

Hoping to share results soon!

CreatedDesigns

Can it do carving? That's the one question I could never get answered.

That's a great question. I would think it could do some carving but I'm thinking it would take a very long time to do. I would hate to move the tool back and forth so many times, And now that I'm typing this I am realizing the issues that would arise as the background was routed away your sliding surface was just eliminated so no way to keep reference to the substrate surface. I'm sure that someone will come up with a gantry system that you can seat the Origin unit into and help us lazy folks out .

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Very interested in how it works out in a shop environment - can I ask how much you ended paying?

wayne k
guam usa

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I got mine on Friday the 27th. I played with it for a few hours on Sunday. I still think this is one of the coolest machines ever made.

CreatedDesigns

I used it for .080” aluminum signs that were 36”x36” with 3” rounded corners. Now I will say it did work and do the job but was no means fast enough for production work.

The second project I did was a small Red Oak sign 7.75”x18.5” it did a great job at that but really slow going like a couple hours, Of course this was my first go around with the unit and I would think I could cut my time down a bit.

It take some getting used to placing tape I have found out.

If anyone is interested I can post some pictures. Of what I have done, but those that are on the shaper community board would already have seen them.

bigben

Did you guys had the time to play with it and make more test? I'm very interested to have more feedback.