• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sheet cut issue-

spudcity

My SP300V has quit sheet cutting. The carriage will get to the left side and make a noise like the blade is releasing as it should, but then when the carriage starts to go back to the right (it doesn't get more than a brief move to the right) I get a motor error and the machine shuts off. The blade doesn't actually release though and by manually pushing on the blade release (plate cam slide I think is the technical term), the blade will release and I can slide the carriage back to the right and hold the blade down to cut the vinyl.

Make sense?

Is there an adjustment somewhere, or do I have bigger problems?

CS-SignSupply

I remember an instance where there was a slightly bent metal guide at the far left that was bent once and this error happed... bent it back a little and cleared the errors... Sorry I can not remember the exact peice as this was very early in the SP-300 line that I recall.

Take the sheet cut blade out of the unit and try the sheet cut again to verify the blade is not causing the issue. Also, power the unit off and unplug, then manually move the carriage to the far left and as you move to the right, make sure there is nothing impeding its path.

The other option is to do the 'Limit Cut Down Position' adjustment.

spudcity

you probably will think I'm stupid after this, but I figured out the problem. The last time I cleaned the printer I didn't screw in the cover all the way. The cover was up just a bit and it wouldn't allow the knife to release all the way so it was deep enough to cut. Works great now. lol

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

jmb474

We had that happen on our RS-640 but it would come back and say to remove media guides. After doing a firmware update it seemed to cure the problem.