• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheets and smaller rolls on HP latex

bpfohler

We just bought our first latex printer. I’ve been told you can use shorter rolls and sheets in the printer.
Anyone here use shorter rolls or sheets in thier latex printer? I have read with sheets you have to be aware of head strikes, is there any other advice on sheets and smaller rolls?

dypinc

Sheets, really NO but I guess you could use 4' to 8' sheets if your willing to waste 2' of it for the curing at the end. And if it is not fastened to a feed roll it will give an error message, one that you can OK and ignore.

What do mean dimension wise, shorter rolls?

ikarasu

I've used a 24" x 24" sheet, and printed about 15 inches onto it fine. It didn't like it... but I didnt get a head strike or anything. You just have to ignore all the errors. And I guess it depends on the Media.. Some media likes to curl with heat, so if its a cheaper Media you'll likelly get a head strike.

ThatGriffGuy

You can use pretty much any of the dimensional rolls you would buy from a supplier. You mainly can't use scraps and small pieces.

AF

That works. If you attach a leader also you can use your take up for a piece only a few inches long.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i run 30" rolls all the time in my machine. never tried a sheet
but yes you can tape some material to the lead edge.

Dan360

I've used sheets a few times, loose and attached to a roll of something else. Attaching it first makes it a smoother process as it's not that different from a normal roll.

dale911

President
With the auto load feature turned on, some materials like fabrics can’t even be loaded without adding a lead sheet. I tape on top and bottom all the way across as I have found that if you don’t, exposed edges have a tendency to catch something somewhere and cause an issue. Luckily, unless I really want latex printed, I put smaller pieces on the Mimaki to make my life easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk