• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping a used roland SC-540 -help

john111

Hello,

Could anybody give me an opinion about, how long can a roland eco-solvent printer be in transit with inks in the printer? How many days can a printer be shut off in transit before the heads need to be replaced? Thanks,

Sticky Signs

How long do you plan to have it on a truck? I'm sure you could go for some time without having to replace the heads although they'll probably need a good cleaning when it arrives.
FYI - there is a very good chance that ink will spill/leak during the moving process so you should probably try to avoid shipping with ink in the lines. We just moved our machine about two months ago and didn't drain it. We where only moving 5 minutes away so we where careful and didn't spill anything.

john111

How long do you plan to have it on a truck? I'm sure you could go for some time without having to replace the heads although they'll probably need a good cleaning when it arrives.
FYI - there is a very good chance that ink will spill/leak during the moving process so you should probably try to avoid shipping with ink in the lines. We just moved our machine about two months ago and didn't drain it. We where only moving 5 minutes away so we where careful and didn't spill anything.

Shipping from east coast to west coast 7-10 days .

sfr table hockey

Waterbased you might get away with it but with solvent inks you would be better to flush the printer and make sure the heads are locked in place. There might be a plate that can be screwed to the platten to hold the heads from coming off the capping station..... but then again this might just be on the old Rolands that you need to do this.