• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shipping and handling charges

asd

so I placed an order for aluminum sign blanks today (40, 12"x18") so when I called back to make sure that I had order the right size I was informed that there were going to shipping and handling charges on my order, to which I said, why? and I was told because UPS charges extra for heavy items to which I said, why don't you split the order 20 and 20 so its not so heavy for the UPS driver, then I was told if we split the order then they don't qualify for free shipping and you still need to pay for boxing them. to which I said just cancel the order I will get them some where else, business must be really slow at midwest sign to charge for packing

ChicagoGraphics

so I placed an order for aluminum sign blanks today (40, 12"x18") so when I called back to make sure that I had order the right size I was informed that there were going to shipping and handling charges on my order, to which I said, why? and I was told because UPS charges extra for heavy items to which I said, why don't you split the order 20 and 20 so its not so heavy for the UPS driver, then I was told if we split the order then they don't qualify for free shipping and you still need to pay for boxing them. to which I said just cancel the order I will get them some where else, business must be really slow at midwest sign to charge for packing
How much do you pay for each 12x18 and are they 0.80 aluminum

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try buying more local to you and have them delivered by your supplier. Other than one supplier, who charges $4.50 if you don't go over $100..... all of our deliveries are free. In fact, some of our suppliers are free who are far away. It was in the original negotiations to do so.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: asd

Marlene

Is this new for them? Have you placed an order for these in the past with no charge?

Shaun S

There's your answer right there whether this is a legitimate charge or not. You told them to split the shipment so the boxes aren't heavy for the additional UPS charge and his response was that you still need to pay to box them. Find them somewhere else.

asd

this is a big deal to me, because most suppliers don't charge for shipping after a you meet their minimum order amount, most 'supplier don't charge to packed and taped their items for shipping in fact we have a supplier that can deliver 4;x8' panels for free their minimum order is 100.00 and we are 3 hours away in a good day. 40 12"x 18" .063 blanks weight around 36 lbs so weight and size was not issued it was just an excuse from the vendor to charge me more.