• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping Flexface

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I read in a previous thread that someone used round concrete forms that were 8" in diameter to ship vinyl.

I have several locations that I'm shipping 9' x 19' flexface signs. I was thinking I would build a tall, slender box made out of wood, 10'x1'x1' and put it in there. Would that be advisable? The graphics on it are Oracal 8800.. would that roll up just fine and be OK for the graphics?

Andy D

I don't see why not, as long as you pad it against rubbing.
Back when I did flex faces, I would keep the heavy duty cardboard tubes the flex-face material came in
and when I had to ship one, I would ship it in one of those.
I believe those tubes were more stout than footing forms
you can buy at Home Depot, as a matter of fact, I used an extra shipping tube, cut down to pour footings for a shed I was building &
regretted it because they were so thick, they were very hard to cut away.

Andy D

If your graphics are printed on the backside for backlighting, you will want to add a layer of plastic on one side and roll it up the flex faces.
Also, I would suggest rolling your flex face using some vinyl cardboard cores.

I don't see why not, as long as you pad it against rubbing.
Back when I did flex faces, I would keep the heavy duty cardboard tubes the flex-face material came in
and when I had to ship one, I would ship it in one of those.
I believe those tubes were more stout than footing forms
you can buy at Home Depot, as a matter of fact, I used an extra shipping tube, cut down to pour footings for a shed I was building &
regretted it because they were so thick, they were very hard to cut away.
Cut with a circular saw, we do it all day long!

Andy D

Agree, circular saw or reciprocating saw, but I was talking about cutting away the cardboard tube away from the
concrete footing in/on the ground.