• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping signs

PaPrinter

Hello, I am looking to see how others are packing their signs for shipping. An example would be a 60" x 30" 3/16 foamcore sign. Presently we are sandwitching it between layers for cardboard. It's good but when it comes to UPS, well I think we all know what happens on occasion. Need to see if there is a better, cheaper and faster way. I've been pondering on using paper edge protectors taped length ways to the package. Maybe using luan wood or something similar for larger pieces. Time spent and cost starts to become an issue when using wood products.

Anyway, what are others doing?

Thanks!

reQ

Anything from cardoard paper with prot. corners to plywood crates.... all depends what kind of sign you send.

Ditchmiester

We always justify sending our important signs in wood crates. We do a lot of stainless steel panels anywere from .040 to .25" thick and we've seen Fed and UPS bend .125" panels. Not worth redoing them compared to the cost of building a quick wood box.

rjssigns

We always justify sending our important signs in wood crates. We do a lot of stainless steel panels anywere from .040 to .25" thick and we've seen Fed and UPS bend .125" panels. Not worth redoing them compared to the cost of building a quick wood box.

THIS^^^^

At my previous job I'd work shipping. Going on anything but our own truck meant the crate was built bomb proof. Until you've seen how some trucks are umm... loaded and not secured you'd never believe what I tell you.

Smaller shipments went like this. Want it fast but smashed, brown truck. Want it in one piece, white truck.