• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping wars.. Stupid or real?

ProWraps

god this show sucks.... BUT i had to admit..

my new air duster got quoted at $1100 to ship to me.

i put it on uship.com (the main backer on shipping wars) and good god. these guys are killing each other!

im down to $250.
LOVE IT.

ProWraps

uship.com.

plus one.

i saw them last year when i shipped my yacht. they didnt come through. but for a pallette shippment, THEY KILL each other. aka, best deal for YOU.

showcase 66

Uship killed the independent trucking business for the most part. My father has been in the trucking industry for 37 years and I have been around a ton of independent drivers. A lot refuse to use Uship because they can't make any money doing it.

Uship did to truckers, like the vinyl cutter did to Sign Painters.

megacab

we love shipping wars at home. partially because i played the UShip game for awhile a couple years back. it makes the lowballers of this business look good. some of the loads go so cheap, they can't even cover fuel. i just don't understand it. i know one thing though, that Jennifer girl should stick to what she does best.....lookin pretty. couldn't believe her crying last night and it was even better when the tow truck guy just popped her truck right into gear. she needs to make sammiches, not drive trailers across the country.

phototec

Uship killed the independent trucking business for the most part. My father has been in the trucking industry for 37 years and I have been around a ton of independent drivers. A lot refuse to use Uship because they can't make any money doing it.

Uship did to truckers, like the vinyl cutter did to Sign Painters.

And what the automobile did to the horse & buggy, and the telephone did to the telegraph, etc, it's called modernization!

Get on board or get left on the side of the road.... :toasting:

TheSnowman

I saw it for the first time last night and loved it. I did think that the lady driving the dually should have put together that she basically has a brand new truck, and it PROBABLY wasn't a mega transmission issue. In my opinion, if you can back a trailer, you are good enough in my book. I see people all day long that shouldn't be driving a regular PRIUS, but if a chick can back a trailer in to where it has to be and I don't have to help her, she's good enough for me.

allamericantrade

So does Uship cover cargo insurance if one of these "bozos" screws up?.....
I am sure the "bozos" carry their own insurance and lists Uship as additionally insured. That would be the standard practice in the sub contracting industry. Not only does the additionally insured status give rights for the customer to sue Uship under the sub's insurance for that "job", but notifies Uship if there is a lap in coverage.

petepaz

i haven't caught that show yet but it looks ok. i saw the preview while watching storage wars. and wether they are real or fake or scripted niether of them are as bad as "the bad girls club" ????? i came home last night and my wife was watching bad girls club so i watched a little and then suggested we watch it with the sound off because the only thing good about that show is when the chicks are fighting in their underwear and you don't need sound for that..haha

Mark S. Adams

The show is very much real. One of the shippers (Roy) is a client of mine. We are getting ready to letter up his new 40' trailer tomorrow morning. Plane Jane helvetica lettering, but hey, that's what he wanted.

Mark

Last edited:

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i used uship to get some packages down to key west from boston. after ups quoted me 890 dollars, i sent TWO down there for less than 200. lol.

Mark S. Adams

Here's a picture of Roy's new 40' trailer with the lettering we just installed, and a picture of Logan, me & Roy in front of it. It's fun working with Roy, and he is so totally just like you see him in the show. We'll be lettering his new 48' trailer in about a month or so.

Mark

Attachments

• 40_ft_trailer_back.jpg
    40_ft_trailer_back.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 661
  • 40_ft_trailer.jpg
    40_ft_trailer.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Logan_Mark_&_Roy.jpg
    Logan_Mark_&_Roy.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,322

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Here's a picture of Roy's new 40' trailer with the lettering we just installed, and a picture of Logan, me & Roy in front of it. It's fun working with Roy, and he is so totally just like you see him in the show. We'll be lettering his new 48' trailer in about a month or so.

Mark

Very cool.
Did he have his cat with him?

wayne k
guam usa