• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping yard signs - (24x18) - Boxes where to...

JP4

How are you guys shipping 24"x18" yard signs? I have looked for 1-2" boxes with no luck most all from uline are minum 4" thick.
Thanks in advance....
~JP

2B

over the counter, we place stretch wrap in a crossing pattern so the signs don't shift.

Shipping, the cost of the box and shipping materials are included in the shipping cost.

to answer the OP, we use larger boxes and cut them down to the height that is needed.
it saves space and money to limit the sizes / variation of boxes that are on hand

Last edited:

joshGN

Just stock 24x18x18 boxes and cut them down to size whatever the job is...

that box will fit 100 18x24s in it...

twmiller24

Am I the only one annoyed that Amazon links posted on S101 get hijacked for an affiliate site that hawks wares from no-name retailers?

kcollinsdesign

Old member
You can get 18" x 24" mailers with adjustable height from U-Line for around $4 each. I mark them up and add it to the shipping cost. Bigger shipments: bigger boxes. I used to order by the case.

If you are only shipping once in a while, shipping costs can be a game stopper. For me to drive across town to pick up a box, assemble everything, then drive to the shipping place and pay for shipping is going to cost the client well over $100.00. Big online companies have stacks of boxes @$2 each and packing stations with all materials handy including scales and a computer to print out labels. The shipper comes to them. The same box that cost me over $100.00 to assemble and ship costs them about $15-20.

Many online companies are now offering "free" shipping. They bake the cost into their listed price. I'm good, and know a lot of the tricks, but I simply cannot compete with them on any level except for design. So I offer my clients design services, then order the signs, then either have them drop shipped or the client can pick them up if he wishes. Either way, the client gets the benefit of our design expertise and experience with vendors in addition to paying half what he would have paid if he would have bought these from a local sign shop that prints on-site. The benefit for me is higher profits, lower overhead, and increased sales because nobody in town can match me for quality or price.

Note: Well they could match me if they wanted to. I know several shops who have retired their printers and outsource these days, but their overhead is still higher than mine, and they haven't gotten around to hiring really competent designers yet. They will in time, however, so I'm just taking advantage of the current situation and maxing out profits now!

https://www.uline.com/BL_1304/Jumbo-Kraft-Easy-Fold-Mailers

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Am I the only one annoyed that Amazon links posted on S101 get hijacked for an affiliate site that hawks wares from no-name retailers?

That's a pain. I posted that link (Not originally an affiliate link) now it doesn't even work.

Anyway, it was easy enough to find. Just search 24x18 mailer on Amazon and a bunch will come up.

twmiller24

That's a pain. I posted that link (Not originally an affiliate link) now it doesn't even work.

Anyway, it was easy enough to find. Just search 24x18 mailer on Amazon and a bunch will come up.

Yes, I think it's an automated forum script. I don't mind even if they use a script to put their affiliate code for Amazon, I just don't like being taken to a third party website that doesn't match the web address. It's unethical.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4

IDB Signs

Back on the boxes, we have a local box supplier that has a wide selection, much like Uline. Maybe check for box suppliers in your area.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4