• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shirts.. Tagless, private labeling?

D2S

You can screen print it if you want, however I have found it to be much more efficient to do it with a heat press. F&M gives away 1 color transfers for $.15 with a $22.00 set up charge. I find it much easier to just add their label on the shirts I want and it keeps the shirts tag-less which most people prefer anyways.

The only thing I would caution is make sure you have all the necessary information on a tag, it needs to include size, RN, Country of origin, wash instructions ect. This needs to be permanently fixed onto the shirt. I have found shirts that have removable tags, and I have found it easier to send them out with the tag and just label the back of my shirts and tell them they can remove the other tag if they choose to.

Overall I think heat pressing is just as quick and cost effective to set up for long runs at different times.

Pat Whatley

We pad print them. Your only catch is that for each company you need a different pad for each size....for each kind of shirt.

klingsdesigns

I had a company that used to screen print them, and now I print and cut on colorpint pu for the company. He says its much easier.

Pat Whatley

You mean you use a different size pad for sm. med. lrg. xl xxl they all have a diffent pad? and you need a different pad for different materials?

Every combination of company, country of origin, material, and size requires its own pad. If anything changes you have to get a new set of pads made.

EXAMPLE:::::::::::

PAD 1

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size S

-------------------
PAD 2

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size M

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size L

BUT WAIT....Bob wants half his shirts printed on long sleeves and the long sleeves are 90% cotton and 10% cheese....you need a whole new set of four pads.

PAD 4

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size S

----------------------
PAD 5

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size M

----------------------
PAD 6

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size L

....and on, and on, and on, and on. It's really only cost effective for large print runs and large repeat customers.

It's awesome when you do it....alcohol based dyes that dry almost instantly and only take seconds per shirt.

toomeycustoms

We have a special tag platen to help us with printing tags or our logo on the backs of shirts. Can't find the direct link to order it, but here is a video of how it works -

[video=youtube_share;VwSE8G6bclo]http://youtu.be/VwSE8G6bclo[/video]

WCSign

We have a special tag platen to help us with printing tags or our logo on the backs of shirts. Can't find the direct link to order it, but here is a video of how it works -

[video=youtube_share;VwSE8G6bclo]http://youtu.be/VwSE8G6bclo[/video]

Yeah its hella expensive, only works with larger screens and you have to burn 2-3 screens minimum. Plus you have to have the images burned exactly the correct distance apart

phototec

Every combination of company, country of origin, material, and size requires its own pad. If anything changes you have to get a new set of pads made.

EXAMPLE:::::::::::

PAD 1

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size S

-------------------
PAD 2

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size M

BOB'S SHIRTS
100% Cotton
Made in Bangledesh
Size L

BUT WAIT....Bob wants half his shirts printed on long sleeves and the long sleeves are 90% cotton and 10% cheese....you need a whole new set of four pads.

PAD 4

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size S

----------------------
PAD 5

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size M

----------------------
PAD 6

BOB'S SHIRTS
90% Cotton 10% Cheese
Made in Bangledesh
Size L

....and on, and on, and on, and on. It's really only cost effective for large print runs and large repeat customers.

It's awesome when you do it....alcohol based dyes that dry almost instantly and only take seconds per shirt.

Pat, you don't need a different pad, you can use the same silicone rubber pad in your pad printing machine, you only need a different cliche (plate) for each different artwork.

[video=youtube;GahUxycTQto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GahUxycTQto[/video]

phototec

Pad printing is the fastest and cheapest way to go for Tagless Care Labels.

Yes, you need a different Cliche (plate) for each different label type.

[video=youtube;E7ulJUgrM2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ulJUgrM2s[/video]

WCSign

How much is one of those machines though? Is it cost worthy for a smaller shop with a manual press?