• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shooting at a sign shop...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Sad sad news for the sign community. Tia just sent me this link to the story. I hope all my signs 101 friends are safe tonight.

Two people were killed and at least three men were critically wounded on Thursday in a shooting at a sign company in Minneapolis, police and hospital officials said.

MikePro

owow, @ accent signage (rasterbraille inc)

always a dark day when human beings are proved capable of things like this...

Ouch-

KARE 11 reported that police were called to the scene with reports of a shooting at around 4 p.m. A neighbor told the station that an employee of the company came to his home seeking refuge. The employee said he watched as his boss and fellow employees were shot, the station said.
Christine Hill, spokeswoman for Hennepin County Medical Center told KARE 11 the hospital is treating four people, three of which are in critical condition. Those in critical condition are all men.
Fox9 quoted an unidentified high-ranking law enforcement source as saying that the gunman returned to the office after being terminated earlier in the day. The source also told Fox9 that the gunman, whose body was found in the basement, may have been targeting specific employees.

Big House Signs

Just now read it on NBC news page. Owner started his business in '84 out of his house, does business in 38 countries, and now employs 30 people. The shooter had just been laid off. Very sad.

LoGl

Another senseless tragedy but when I heard it on the news and they said it was a "Sign Shop", I couldn't help but feel a bond. Somehow I know there were some really great, kind, creative people working there and for it to end like this. Just sad. We have a great community in this business, even if you think it is all just competition.

My two cents. :toasting:

CES020

If you've ever been to a sign trade show, you've probably met the guy that was killed. He was at so many shows and very passionate about his business and signs and it showed.

Rest in Peace.

Border

The local news station here had just done an interview with the shop owner two days prior for a piece they were doing about the shop and how the owner had so many good ties to the neighborhood and community.