Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shooting at a sign shop...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Bigdawg, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Sad sad news for the sign community. Tia just sent me this link to the story. I hope all my signs 101 friends are safe tonight.

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    owow, @ accent signage (rasterbraille inc)

always a dark day when human beings are proved capable of things like this...

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Terrible that nothing surprises me anymore. Shootings are an everyday occurance these days.

4. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
  5. WeekendDirectionals

WeekendDirectionals Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Ouch-

KARE 11 reported that police were called to the scene with reports of a shooting at around 4 p.m. A neighbor told the station that an employee of the company came to his home seeking refuge. The employee said he watched as his boss and fellow employees were shot, the station said.
    Christine Hill, spokeswoman for Hennepin County Medical Center told KARE 11 the hospital is treating four people, three of which are in critical condition. Those in critical condition are all men.
    Fox9 quoted an unidentified high-ranking law enforcement source as saying that the gunman returned to the office after being terminated earlier in the day. The source also told Fox9 that the gunman, whose body was found in the basement, may have been targeting specific employees.

6. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Very very sad news! But still, not the least but surprised.

7. Big House Signs

Big House Signs Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Just now read it on NBC news page. Owner started his business in '84 out of his house, does business in 38 countries, and now employs 30 people. The shooter had just been laid off. Very sad.

8. LoGl

LoGl Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Another senseless tragedy but when I heard it on the news and they said it was a "Sign Shop", I couldn't help but feel a bond. Somehow I know there were some really great, kind, creative people working there and for it to end like this. Just sad. We have a great community in this business, even if you think it is all just competition.

My two cents. :toasting:

9. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    If you've ever been to a sign trade show, you've probably met the guy that was killed. He was at so many shows and very passionate about his business and signs and it showed.

Rest in Peace.

10. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    The local news station here had just done an interview with the shop owner two days prior for a piece they were doing about the shop and how the owner had so many good ties to the neighborhood and community.

11. sar bossier

sar bossier Very Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    WOW ... What a tragic, senseless loss ... Prayers to all of the victims and their families.