• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shop and table size

folvacny

How big do you have spaces for your printing shop? I have mimaki JV3-160 SP, Graphtec CE500, and manual roll laminator and small table (120cm x 80cm) where is placed computer.

Now i need to buy (or build) some work table where i will finish prints. I thinks that 30m squares for my shop should be good and table 3m x 2m should enough too.

Some opininon?

Thanks Michal

T

TonyC

Production area....

Our print production area is approximately 32 ft. X 28 ft. We have a 64 in. Printer/cutter, a 24 in. cutter, a 63 in. laminator, a 24 ft. wall easel, 2- 5 ft. X 12 ft. tables and 1- 4 ft. X 10 ft. table. We have 24 ft. of upper and lower cabinets with a work surface and it is used for the production computer desk also. We also have a 4 ft. X 5 ft. light table.
Everything has 3-4 ft. walking area around it except for one table which is against a wall on one end. I believe we have a minimum size work area for sign production and I would hate to work in less again.
We average 50-60 jobs in process at any time. This is about our limit for this area.

folvacny

Thanks for reply, i think that 30m squere is good choice for my business, because this is my first time to make print shop. But i would like to heart another opinion and what size of places other users uses for their shops

AF

If you are going with the small shop, make sure everything is on wheels. Material storage is another consideration, that can eat up space quick.