• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Boat Wrap....

Graphicdetailsinc

Its so hard to design for yourself... This is still a small proof and has not been layed out at size. Just looking to get some fresh eyes to look at it and give me some critiques.

Attachments

• Boat Fonts.jpg
    Boat Fonts.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 120

Pat Whatley

The "GRAPHIC DETAILS" part flat out sucks. The logo you've got up there in your avatar would look a whole lot better.

Graphicdetailsinc

The proportions of our logo don't work very well in the layout. This is going to be in tournaments and such, and needs to be easy to read if picked up on camera.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You should do your logo in reflective that would look sweet! When I looked at the boat I thought it was already wrapped and it looked like you used reflective but its just a proof. I like it! But then again I love anything that has to do with fishing. What tournamnets are you doing this year? Im just getting into tournament fishing out here in Southern California

Flame

The proportions of our logo don't work very well in the layout. This is going to be in tournaments and such, and needs to be easy to read if picked up on camera.

Then you designed a poor logo. Period. If you can't use your logo for everything then you have failed at creating one.

Gotta be harsh here because what you just put up SUCKS. And you want it to create attention, right? To get people to call?

Now, IMO, you could leave the background. I've seen better but hey, it could work too! It's not really that bad, but the text is just hideous. So bland. Zero excitement. If you don't like your logo bro (hard to see it cuz it's spinning but doesn't look too shabby), come up with a new one and stick with it. But seriously, your logo is part of YOUR IDENTITY. WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU DO and let people know YOU ARE DA** GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO. Keep everything nicely flowing together, complimenting each other, not just random pieces of artwork with your phone number on them.

So, there's my $0.02 of the day, good luck man and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Graphicdetailsinc

Took our logo and removed the sail fish. That was a concern having the vector sail fish next to the nice tuna. Thanks for the input! I Just don't know how our logo colors work with the rest of the design...

Attachments

• graphicd-jpg.jpg
    graphicd-jpg.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Boat logo inserted.jpg
    Boat logo inserted.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 94

Flame

Much better! and FYI... it's ok to change your logo color from time to time. ;) Maybe try replacing the red with a blue to see how it looks.

ProWraps

looks better. but instead of being concerned about a sail fish next to a tuna, why didnt you think about using a sailfish background rather than the tuna? makes a lot more sense when tying into your current branding.

Graphicdetailsinc

The owner used to be an off shore boat charter captain so the type of fish and what the boat is used for ect. all makes more sense to him than I. The boat wont be out marlin or sail fishing, but yellow fin tuna, cobia, and a few other things it will do. I'm going to work a bit more on this as far as the spacial relations, once you get to much past the front of the tower, the boat hull starts to roll under pretty drastic, so were trying to keep all the main elements out of there.

Thanks again for the input!
looks better. but instead of being concerned about a sail fish next to a tuna, why didnt you think about using a sailfish background rather than the tuna? makes a lot more sense when tying into your current branding.

Graphicdetailsinc

Color Changes per request, and i moved things around a bit to help so everything will still be on a flat after the install.

Attachments

• Boat logo inserted.jpg
    Boat logo inserted.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 108

J Hill Designs

looks MUCH better - maybe grab yellow off the fish (was thinkin behind the eye) and use it for all yellows? (I'm new to this whole design thing, so take it with a grain of sea salt)

Graphicdetailsinc

This is just a concept layout, Once we go to full scale all colors will be chosen and all values for yellows blues and such will all be purposefully picked. Thanks for the tip though...
looks MUCH better - maybe grab yellow off the fish (was thinkin behind the eye) and use it for all yellows? (I'm new to this whole design thing, so take it with a grain of sea salt)

TheSellOut

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet but...why did you stack the logo? Why not leave how it is in your post #6? This way you could get the name much bigger!

I do think it is looking much nicer now! I also agree with ProWraps on using a sail fish, but bosses will be bosses!

artsnletters

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet but...why did you stack the logo? Why not leave how it is in your post #6? This way you could get the name much bigger!

I do think it is looking much nicer now! I also agree with ProWraps on using a sail fish, but bosses will be bosses!

X2 X2 X2....make your name the dominate feature NOT the fish...
make it so you can see the thing on the water across the lake...
Tim

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Just curious how much of this graphic will be seen once the boat is in the water? I really liked the color changes and proof you made after Joe's suggestions.

Offtopic: Would you mind changing your Avatar so it's not spinning. I can't really see your logo because the rotation speed is too fast.

Graphicdetailsinc

i have been meaning to change it for a while, its almost annoying to have it spin. one of those sounds like a good idea things but ended up not being one HAHA

as far as the suggestions to blow up the logo even bigger, im not trying to see it from space, i would like it to still be a balanced layout but ill try it and see what it does for the boat, and as for how much is seen, the yellow line is the waterline, so everything above that will be seen in the water.

Thanks again all!

Just curious how much of this graphic will be seen once the boat is in the water? I really liked the color changes and proof you made after Joe's suggestions.

Offtopic: Would you mind changing your Avatar so it's not spinning. I can't really see your logo because the rotation speed is too fast.

Fuzzbuster

I would also try your original style logo, much larger,
change the red to yellow and move the tuna ahead some

at 70 mph it CANT be big enough

IMHO

ZsVinylInc

I would suggest moving your phone number up towards the bow of the boat on the other side of the tuna and move your logo back towards the back and use the tuna as something to separate the both of them and make your logo a lot bigger.