• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Hours

Do You have extended or Saturday hours

• Yes Extended & Saturday

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Yes Extended Weekday

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes Saturday

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters

WVB

Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm lunch 12:30pm -1:30pm
Saturday - Sunday 10am - 4:30pm

threeputt

M-F 9-5

Once in a while we're here after hours, or more rarely, on Saturdays but we sure as shootin' don't unlock the doors. That's why we're here, to get something done and get on with our lives.

petepaz

we have had this thread before
i work when i have to, time and day doesn't matter
but general hours are 8-5 mon-fri

mystysue

monday thru thursday 9 -4
(we ususally get to the shop at about 7 tho)..
Friday.. we are posted as open for appointments only or phone orders but here 50 % of the time and have the door unlocked
saturday.. if we are backloged we mite be here working but never have the doors unlocked...

Billct2

I just found that thread, I didn't see a poll.
I was thinking about this because I was talking to the owner of the local lumber yard/hardware store that we try to frequent. I told him if he should extend his hours, especially on Saturday. HD and lowes are 7 days 7-11. People can't all buy their stuff during weekday work hours,

petepaz

what ever hours you choose there are going to be exceptions
due to the customers needs whether it be a rush job needed for a show or a truck that just got repaired and needs to have lettering replaced to get it back to their out of state location

jiarby

Originally Posted by jiarby
They charge me rent 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

What I mean is that if I am in the building, we are open. The first thing I do when I come in the back door is to walk to the front and turn on the "OPEN" sign and unlock the door. It is the LAST thing we do before we leave...even if it is 11pm!

We have landed some big jobs because we were here on an "off" hour!

That said, the busiest store I know in town (does 20x my volume) is a M-F, 8-5 franchise store. Closed weekends and holidays. Our goal is to be like them, but until then we make hay while the sun is shining.

TheMattMan

I think I would quit before I worked on Saturday. M-F is more than enough... my life and well being is worth more than money.

high impact

What I mean is that if I am in the building, we are open. The first thing I do when I come in the back door is to walk to the front and turn on the "OPEN" sign and unlock the door. It is the LAST thing we do before we leave...even if it is 11pm!

We have landed some big jobs because we were here on an "off" hour!

That said, the busiest store I know in town (does 20x my volume) is a M-F, 8-5 franchise store. Closed weekends and holidays. Our goal is to be like them, but until then we make hay while the sun is shining.

Gottcha! I agree...wehn I'm there on off hours I also turn on the open sign unless it's a pressing job. Then I hide in back with the showroom lights off. We have also landed some great jobs on off hours. BUT the opposite is true also...we've had some idiots waste our time on off hours.

Come to think of it - we've had both happen on hours and off hours! LOL

Just like last night someone called our house at 8 o'clock pm. That makes my blood boil!

Sign_Boy

M-F 9am - 6pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Sun if I need to work I do
M-Sat If I need to stay late I do.

If it needs to get done I have to do it.

Kysparky

I guess I was brought up that if I'm gonna be in business of serviceing other businesses I need to be available when they can get to me. Besides, if I enjoy what I'm doing the time should not matter. In providing a service at thier convienience it really helps to keep them as a customer. customer service has always been a big part of any business to me.

Pro Image

24-7-366......................hehehehe

Im open from 9-2 on Sat. and 9-? during the week........but at least till 6:00................

GregT

Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm
Sat 9:00am -Noon if I feel like it. Doors are unlocked but the lights might not be on.

We rotate lunch hour so that someone is always here.

GARY CULY

JIARBY POST IS CORRECTO....you cant imagine how much "good work" you can pick up by bieng there at an off time ...see others 'ARENT' at work so there shopping ..often companies cant/wont take there trucks off the road during the week ,and if you offer to letter them on the weekends youll get the work.....just something to ponder..the "little start up places" "lowballers"and "whatever you call them" usually will do this so they can pay the bills ...but ive seen them take good clients from bigshops just cause theyll do it on[that company] time frame .they loose a lot of money with delivery trucks /ect..sittin in a sign shop parking lot waiting to get lettered during the week..some arent likin it..just my .02 for all the smaller shops that arent allready zillionars that wanna make some money and sacrifice some weekend time to advance there place