• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Music

I think this may have been brought up several years back, but I'm just curious how many music lovers there are here, whether or not you play music in your shop, and if so, what kind of music are you all into? Also, just out of curiousity, are any members into serious hi-fi equipment or consider themselves audiophiles?

We play music throughout most of the day here. Pop, hip-hop, rock, oldies, metal, punk rock, blues, and alternative rock are probably the most typical genres on our playlist. Fortunately, my business partner and I have very similar taste in music. Tool/A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Firehose, Descendents, Danzig, Misfits, Disturbed, Tech N9ne, Vinnie Paz, Yelawolf, Jurassic 5/Chali 2na, Eminem, Run the Jewels, The Ventures, The Zombies, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Doors, White Zombie/Rob Zombie, Three Days Grace, are just a few favorites that come immediately to mind.

WildWestDesigns

While some of what you list would also be what I listen to (Metallica, Danzig, I would also add Dio to that list, along those lines), most of my stuff is actually audio drama. OTR/NTR things along those lines.

Especially when I'm in the office doing work, which is a lot of the time.

I'm a strange duck, what I can I say.

flyplainsdrifta

Phish when I'm alone or with other people who don't hate it. otherwise its a mix of folky americana (the devil makes three-esque), underground hip hop, australian hip hop, 90s street punk, or just good ol classic rock. but i would play phish literally all day if it was just me. i know. bring the pain

rjssigns

I'm the only one here so I play whatever suits me for the moment. Greta Van Fleet has piqued my interest at the moment. Most times I select a Pandora channel and let it hammer. Other times its the local metal radio station.
One of my students told his girlfriend what I listen to. She said I shouldn't be a teacher...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
This is KYDD, but it's NOT meant for kids ears, don't listen if you're under 18.

This guy just signed a contract, so you'll be hearing of him soon. JOSH MCKAY.

I also listen to deadmau5 quite often.

I don't mind a little dubstep, but could care less for 95% of it. Deadmau5 and Skrillex is about as deep as my listening goes. I love old school hip-hop though, and quite a bit of the new stuff, but I can't tolerate this trap music and mumble rap crap. Personally, I feel like there are so many people with zero music talent that think they can rap , that it's diluted the industry to the level of obsurdity. No wonder a lot of people hate rap/hip-hop nowadays, because they only hear the garbage that's on the radio, and it truly is garbage.

flyplainsdrifta

I don't mind a little dubstep, but could care less for 95% of it. Deadmau5 and Skrillex is about as deep as my listening goes. I love old school hip-hop though, and quite a bit of the new stuff, but I can't tolerate this trap music and mumble rap crap. Personally, I feel like there are so many people with zero music talent that think they can rap , that it's diluted the industry to the level of obsurdity. No wonder a lot of people hate rap/hip-hop nowadays, because they only hear the garbage that's on the radio, and it truly is garbage.

DUDEEEE. you need to get on the aussie hip hop train. its like if when in 2002 when producers started over producing hip hop artists and shortening verses, these cats didn't get that memo. same in the uk. sure theres a few shitty new school guys but the vast majority are in that same old school vein. check out hilltop hoods, bliss n eso, the funkoars, briggs, a.b. original and anyone on the golden era records label for that matter. as for the uk, look into jehst. his new stuff is way more experimental, but earlier stuff is lyrically some of the best stuff I've ever heard.

DUDEEEE. you need to get on the aussie hip hop train. its like if when in 2002 when producers started over producing hip hop artists and shortening verses, these cats didn't get that memo. same in the uk. sure theres a few shitty new school guys but the vast majority are in that same old school vein. check out hilltop hoods, bliss n eso, the funkoars, briggs, a.b. original and anyone on the golden era records label for that matter. as for the uk, look into jehst. his new stuff is way more experimental, but earlier stuff is lyrically some of the best stuff I've ever heard.

Thanks for the recommendations. I enjoy discovering new music and sadly I don't hear much that's being produced outside the US, probably because Youtube, Pandora, iTunes, etc. is set up to predominantly show me only music that's native to my ears.

Our shop is huge, so most people just play stuff at their desks or on their phones.

For me this week: Timber Timbre, Ice Dragon, Willie Nelson, Queens of the Stone Age, Kendrick Lamar, Big Business, Mary J. Blige, Anita Baker, T. Rex, Don Caballero.

I'm all over the place.

That's a nice mix. I listen to a lot of different things as well. I just can't tolerate country, with the exception of a little bit of pre 1985 stuff, like Willie Nelson. He's a legend and he's still killin' it.

I'm the only one here so I play whatever suits me for the moment. Greta Van Fleet has piqued my interest at the moment. Most times I select a Pandora channel and let it hammer. Other times its the local metal radio station.
One of my students told his girlfriend what I listen to. She said I shouldn't be a teacher...

Greta Van Fleet is just amazing. I love those kids. I don't think anyone could pull off that Zeppelin sound quite like they do it.

DerbyCitySignGuy

That's a nice mix. I listen to a lot of different things as well. I just can't tolerate country, with the exception of a little bit of pre 1985 stuff, like Willie Nelson. He's a legend and he's still killin' it.

The last shop I was in blasted pop country all day every day throughout the production area. Was almost the death of me.

Also, you dudes should check out Killer Mike if you haven't already. He's got an old school sound.

flyplainsdrifta

The last shop I was in blasted pop country all day every day throughout the production area. Was almost the death of me.

Also, you dudes should check out Killer Mike if you haven't already. He's got an old school sound.

hell yeah he does. if you've ever seen frisky dingo he did taquiles voice on that and he's currently in RTJ, probably the best us hip hop act around atm

mackenzieGRAPHICS

I work by myself, so I listen to whatever the mood calls for. This week has been a lot of He Is Legend, Childish Gambino and Circa Survive. When I get busy, I've gotta keep the beat up, so I'll toss on some Mariachi el Bronx (don't judge me, it's actually pretty awesome), System of a Down, or Under the Influence of Giants.

When I want people to leave me alone.. I put on Slipknot. :rolleyes:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Sirius XM.
70's, 80's, Ozzy's Boneyard, Classic Rock, Deep Tracks, Christmas music in December
Any country music after 1985 gets under my skin. Classic country I can handle.
Don't like much new stuff. Too "scrambled" and not enough emphasis on voice just garbled gibberish imo