• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Organization Reprise - Post your photos!

Brands Imaging

So....after 10 years in business we're buying our own building. We're in city limits and don't have quite enough space that we'd like but we're still happy. We're going to build lots of custom storage but would like ideas from people for storage of print media, laminate, and cut vinyl. Also lamination stations.... Post your photos!! Thanks everyone.

Right now we have 30" deep x 6' wide x 24" high plywood boxes on the floor for all cut vinyl. We probably have between 60-90 rolls of cut vinyl.

Print media is ALL stacked by the machines (sometimes 16 rolls at varying lengths) and falls over causing a vinyl cascade which stinks!

Laminate is actually pretty under control so 1 out of 3 ain't bad!!

So my question is - people who have lots of material what do you prefer? I hate how everything is all over the place but access so many rolls all day. We NEVER cut off 10' of material here and there. Are horizontal racks a pain in the butt? What are the best vertical ones? We bought one from fellers a while back but the square tubes the core slides onto isn't thick enough and the tubes all lean and stuff....looks crappy.

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

We are moving shop in the next couple months as well, similar situation to you, going from 2800 sq/ft down to 2500 but in a much better building.

We need to make the best use of the new space we can, I'll be watching this thread closely

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Look on Fellers. They have several great solutions to your problems. - Vinyl/Banner Storage Racks | FELLERS

The Auto Skins or Mondo Raxx work great for color change vinyl especially if it is located at the end of a table so you can roll it off the rack onto the table and cut a piece to length.

I've ever used the floor racks for print media but they will stop the domino effect we all hate.

I love the Metalcraft wall racks for the 15" rolls and their floor racks for the full 30" roll. When the vinyl is out it is easy to find making changing out color quick and efficient. We always kept the rarely used rolls in the boxes on a shelf so they didn't collect dust. Just cut off a small strip of the vinyl and stick it on the end of the box so you know what is what.

If you stay busy all the time, it's cheaper to buy a solution. If your just starting out it may make sense to build your own after you have canvased your whole city...

Superior_Adam

We have most of our print vinyls standing on end. Use the plastic core piece that was shipped with the material and stand the material on those. This will stop the vinyl form falling over.