• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop truck critique

SIGNTIME

We are looking for opinions on a few things.

First off we are thinking about wrapping one or both of our shop trucks, to bring in some more wrap jobs. Currently both trucks are nearly identical (see photo 1). We are happy with the current layout and it has been working great for us for the last 5 years. But when trying to steer a customer towards a full or partial wrap we have no example for them to see in person, only pictures of previous jobs. Also it might be easier to sell a wrap when our trucks are wrapped.

So we had a wrap design drawn up and are looking for a critique of it, anything good or bad.

We also want to hear others opinions on whether or not changing from red as our primary logo color to the blue shown here. The color change would only be for the truck(s) at this point, but who know maybe eventually change everything over if we decide to go that way. Our only real reason to change to blue is we like the way it looks in this wrap design vs the red layout. We have also considered doing 1 truck with each wrap layout.

We know branding is important but just how critical is it for a smaller local company? Must we have everything identical, or can we have one truck wrapped one lettered? One truck red and one blue? Are we hurting or confusing our brand with a color change or by dropping the "& Graphics"?

Also please feel free to critique the layouts.

Attachments

• 2017-01-05 12.59.46.jpg
    2017-01-05 12.59.46.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 444
  • s101 wrap idea.jpg
    s101 wrap idea.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 398

rjssigns

pew...

Just kidding.

As far as branding you should remain consistent. That's one of the cornerstones of branding. Color changes, logo changes, etc... can make existing and potential customers question if it's the same business. If you started with red stay with red.

Layouts look great, and meet my "criteria". Hook(logo), what can you do for me, and contact information presented cleanly. Although I'm partial to blue you should stick with the red.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Layouts are fine with me, as well. Why don't you make one side blue and the other side red ?? Ya can't see both sides at once. That way, it'll look like you have more trucks on the road. In fact up in the upper fender near the windshield put a number 6 on the driver's side, a number 11 on the other side and a number 16 on the tailgate. Make up totally different numbers for the other vehicle. You'll instantly have 6 more trucks on the road.

Dennis422

layouts are fine with me, as well. Why don't you make one side blue and the other side red ?? Ya can't see both sides at once. That way, it'll look like you have more trucks on the road. In fact up in the upper fender near the windshield put a number 6 on the driver's side, a number 11 on the other side and a number 16 on the tailgate. Make up totally different numbers for the other vehicle. You'll instantly have 6 more trucks on the road.

lol
:roflmao:

peavey123

Hey Signtime, I don't see a problem with it if you're still a smaller company. For larger companies it's much more detrimental for them to change colours.

It may be an idea to have the red logo for the branding of certain aspects of your business and the blue for wrap/vehicle graphic specific branding. I think you could make that work well. The blue is definitely more appealing in teh creative field as you notcied too.

Pete Moss

Looks nice to me. Overall easy to read, eye catching, good use of space. Anytime I use red on black I back it up with white for more contrast. I find the website with red on black hard to read. Definitely more pop with the use of lighter blue. You can really see this by viewing the thumbnails. For continuity purposes I would stick to one color scheme for both trucks. This will also afford the drivers the opportunity to blame the other if any driving complaints come in. :) Red would be the best choice since this is your shop color. However, if it does not change the look I would try putting some white behind it and change the website to a lighter color, maybe something similar to your phone number. If possible, I would also try to arrange the spacing of your list of services so wraps is not interrupted by the door.

Billct2

I think player is implying that the new design looks like a vinyl lettered truck, it doesn't emphasize the "wrap" aspect, though that may just be from viewing as design thumbnail.
I like the nice clean look and the blue. But if you want to sell "wraps" you may want to up the ante and go for a fuller design.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
If you were starting from scratch, I would go with the blue. However, I wouldn't switch to blue until you can change everything.

A few years ago, I did a color change wrap on my truck. I often have customers say that always notice it when driving around town.

thinktruck.jpg

SIGNTIME

Thanks for all the replies, we are still on the fence. The consensus seems to be everyone likes the blue better but would go with red cause it's already in use. We may just do one of each not sure, I changed up the red layout with grey "circuits" which seems to help it stand out more. Would like to here more peoples opinions before we make a decision.

Attachments

• red with grey circuts.jpg
    red with grey circuts.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 325

visual800

OMG someone finally posts a clean shop truck layout! No skulls, lighting bolts and distracting junk. I love it. Its direct and to the point and thanks for not writing 400 items that you offer!

I'd go with blue because I'm always against using red and black together. There's nothing wrong with changing colors to meet the situation. If you were putting this on a red truck you wouldn't use red lettering would you?

Dennis422

Both look good. Blue seems more visible, but I fall all the time for a red/black combo.
Below is the pic of my hew wrapped vehicle. I used color change material for the front 2/3 of the vehicle and the rear 1/3 I wrapped with my advertisement.

Not sure how to do that on the truck with the bed, but I would somehow incorporate a color change in there. I just gives you more options as far as the colors and efects.
Also, you can show customers what a color change is.

Attachments

• Flex12.jpg
    Flex12.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 308