• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shopvox experience

legacyborn

So over the past couple of weeks I have been making the switch from Signvox to Shopvox and wanted to share my experience, and give a shout out to Rao and Kevin and their whole team.

Overall Shopvox is more powerful than Signvox, even if it does lack a few of the features (for now) such as online approval for quotes.

There was a lot of concern about shopvox from existing signvox users (myself included) and I was concerned that I would be forced to move over and that Signvox would no longer be supported. At this point, I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to switch over.

Pros
User Interface (So much nicer than Signvox. Overall it is easier to find what you need and the layout is more intuitive)
Complex product quoting (there is more control than with Signvox over what you can do and how you can do it)
Simple Product quoting (you can make a product as simple as you want, setting up just a flat rate per sf)
Payment gateway included for online payments (I am just getting this feature setup, but look forward to it)
Job Board (The job board has a Trello style card interface and all the details are right on the cards)

Cons
Lacking certain features suck as online approval for quotes (These features will be added in the future)
Setting up items takes a while (there is a learning curve to setting up your products and it has taken me a bit of time to get used to it)
Bugs (There are still a few minor bugs in the system, but Rao and his team are on top of it and nothing has been so bad as to stop me from working)

This week I will be switching fully from Signvox to Shopvox and will update this thread with any other details I come up with.

I know that Rao is having a webinar soon for existing Signvox customers to show them the benefits, if you are an existing client I would suggest taking a look. (and if you aren't an existing client, I would still recommend taking a look) :smile:

DirtyD

I just did a webinar with Bryant and signed on with them. He did great with my webinar showing me everything and making sure I understood.

I have been using excell and and made up estimating and art proof templates that i made in Corel. I have been searching for something for a long time and even though I am not a super busy shop I'm still in my first year I want to be smarter with how I run and mange things. I have done the Sign Tracker demo and it had good things but not what I was looking for - Cyrious, come on get serious way to expensive as an upfront cost and has errors all the time and kinda clunky - Graphics Calc been waiting for their new version which seems to always be "almost ready". So anyway I am rambling.. I did the webinar to see ShopVox in action and holy cow I did not know that this was such a full featured product. From tracking your sales leads, estimating all types of signage, work orders, online proofing, production magement, all the reports, sending invoices and receiving money (does not actually recieve money). If you screen print you have your t-shirt supplies catalogs right there.

I am super stoked to get started with this and they "say" there is always support available and I am going to be doing my setup sessions soon..

neil_se

I'm interested in moving across even though our cost will double. All the webinars have been at 3am Australian time though so I haven't had a close look.

legacyborn

I am super stoked to get started with this and they "say" there is always support available and I am going to be doing my setup sessions soon..

I have never not had someone respond to chat, I work late and they always seem to be on top of it. Once you get everything set up, you will wonder how you lived without it.

Kevin-shopVOX

I'm interested in moving across even though our cost will double. All the webinars have been at 3am Australian time though so I haven't had a close look.

We do our best to accommodate you guys down under. I usually hold webinars at 9am your time once or twice a week. Please just shoot me an email or PM me here and we can set something up.

neil_se

Thanks Kevin that'd be great. I haven't worried too much about it while the migration pathway was being sorted.

I'll get in contact with you soon.

redrider5719

In regards to your concern with entering items taking to long, it sounds like there is a function of importing through a csv/xls list. I would hope that this is a smooth function as my concern would be having to type these all manually as well. Have you used that function at all?

So over the past couple of weeks I have been making the switch from Signvox to Shopvox and wanted to share my experience, and give a shout out to Rao and Kevin and their whole team.

Overall Shopvox is more powerful than Signvox, even if it does lack a few of the features (for now) such as online approval for quotes.

There was a lot of concern about shopvox from existing signvox users (myself included) and I was concerned that I would be forced to move over and that Signvox would no longer be supported. At this point, I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to switch over.

Pros
User Interface (So much nicer than Signvox. Overall it is easier to find what you need and the layout is more intuitive)
Complex product quoting (there is more control than with Signvox over what you can do and how you can do it)
Simple Product quoting (you can make a product as simple as you want, setting up just a flat rate per sf)
Payment gateway included for online payments (I am just getting this feature setup, but look forward to it)
Job Board (The job board has a Trello style card interface and all the details are right on the cards)

Cons
Lacking certain features suck as online approval for quotes (These features will be added in the future)
Setting up items takes a while (there is a learning curve to setting up your products and it has taken me a bit of time to get used to it)
Bugs (There are still a few minor bugs in the system, but Rao and his team are on top of it and nothing has been so bad as to stop me from working)

This week I will be switching fully from Signvox to Shopvox and will update this thread with any other details I come up with.

I know that Rao is having a webinar soon for existing Signvox customers to show them the benefits, if you are an existing client I would suggest taking a look. (and if you aren't an existing client, I would still recommend taking a look) :smile:

legacyborn

In regards to your concern with entering items taking to long, it sounds like there is a function of importing through a csv/xls list. I would hope that this is a smooth function as my concern would be having to type these all manually as well. Have you used that function at all?

Has it been a year already? holy heck. lol

While there is still a learning curve to get things set up, once it is setup in the back end, it is much easier to create an entire product on the front end.

it's almost like being at a buffet, it takes a while to prep and cook all the food but then its super easy to dish up what you need for each individual person (product) I haven't had to set anything up in the background for a couple months even though I continue to add products in the front end. So yes, it has gotten easier.

sam gha

MDGS

Pros

Cons

I'm an old user for signvox, but still concern about switching even though I've looked at signvox new version, I'll definitely attend the seminar, to learn more about the new features, after that will decide.

Logoadv

We are interested in this product ourselves. We recently moved into a new location and the amount of traffic is night and day, so maybe it is time to move past the paper work order as we expand our staff.
We are primarily an embroidery shop, but also do screen printing, signage, and vehicle wraps on occasion. I see that it integrates with Sanmar, who is our primary provider for everything but t-shirts. Is it possible to also integrate with other vendors (www.virginiats.com)? That would cover a vast majority of our orders.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
We are interested in this product ourselves. We recently moved into a new location and the amount of traffic is night and day, so maybe it is time to move past the paper work order as we expand our staff.
We are primarily an embroidery shop, but also do screen printing, signage, and vehicle wraps on occasion. I see that it integrates with Sanmar, who is our primary provider for everything but t-shirts. Is it possible to also integrate with other vendors (www.virginiats.com)? That would cover a vast majority of our orders.

Hi if "Virginats" can provide a csv file we can easily provide that catalog like we do for Sanmar/ BR/AA/Alpha Broder.
If you have a contact please send it to sales@shopvox.com and we will contact that person to get this catalog available in shopVOX.

Niun

Waffle Baron
Kevin,

we currently are using SignVox at our office and discussing the upgrade, does ShopVox have inventory tools built into it so I can do yearly inventory and if so, does it automatically remove materials from the inventory list when we assign a material to a product line?

Thanks!