• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I change my business name?

Should I change my business name?

• Yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Flame

Really struggling here... trying to decide whether or not to change my business name. Been using my initials along with designs (J J W - D E S I G N S) and noticed people struggle remembering the J J W part right, It's hard to make a logo for, and I have no real identity to go along with it. I sell logo design and corporate identity to other businesses, I figure I should atleast be able to do the same for myself.

Now, this might get a little long winded, but I want you guys to be informed of what's going on. Been in biz for 5 years, starting to get well noticed. I offer a wide forray (sp?) of services, like digital printing, wraps, signs, banners, skinz... and niche market stuff such as motorcycle graphics etc. About 50% of my business is actually in the offroad field.

So I think I could do better with a different name... atleast I think. But I'm already established...!?!?!? What to do? Do I:

1. Change my name

2. Keep it

Any ideas???

P.S. Please try to refrain yourself from typing out my current name so as to keep the search engines at bay. ;) Thanks guys.

MobileImpact

why not keep the established JJW part for your cycle stuff, and start a new identity such as Sign_____ a division of JJW?

Kevin

Flame

why not keep the established JJW part for your cycle stuff, and start a new identity such as Sign_____ a division of JJW?

Kevin

It appears the bike dudes are the ones struggling the most figuring out my name and remembering me. I've heard ITM, JTW, IIW, Eeew, JJ.... you name it.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i like kevin's idea...the "division of"....doesn't have to be big, but also doesn't make you change the name you have registered, and on all your accounts....

MVIP

Frank Fellers had the balls to change his! Go for it! Just make sure you market your new name well!

MobileImpact

Right on, Make a play on the "Toys" theme in that case.

Boys Toys Graphics
Dirt Designs
Sled Signs

If thats over 50% of your base customer, that's really who you need to cater to.

Kevin

cdiesel

I like using designs instead of signs.. you'll be able to market yourself more as a designer/agency which will help you command more respect & money.

D

DARLAK

flamer signs

flamer designs

master flamer signs

master flamer & the Dsigns

it's kinda endless...

SignosaurusRex

Well, so far you've done pretty good with "Flamey"! LOL How hard is that for a few motoheads to remember? ( K.I.S.S.) Keep It Simple and Sweet. You'll figure it out. Be patient, It'll come to you!