• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I charge more than $29 for this sidewalk sign?

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
I'm getting ready to launch a new website
http://www.tendollarsidewalksigns.com

It's going to sell blank a-frame hardware for $10. I am also going to start carrying a line of pre made designs and was thinking about making them $29. My goal is to get a lot of volume so I can keep my (already paid for equipment) moving at night and generate a 2nd revenue stream.

How much would you pay for a sign like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• AUTOREPAIR-2-510x600.jpg
    AUTOREPAIR-2-510x600.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 206

HulkSmash

You sell 10 a day at 300 dollars total. You'll spend 3-4 hrs making it. at 80 an hr shop rate, you're losing money, and you havn't even got to materials yet.

good luck. You'll need to sell 100 a day to make it worth any while.

Techman

why not turn this into an upsell device rather than trying to make it a revenue stream? Just trying to keep the equipment running is a complete waste of time. If you want to work for free all day long go for it. If you want to build a bizz model that will lead to an average sale of 3-5 HUNDRED each day then now you are making some money.

heyskull

No sizes!
How is it hinged?
Materials!
Real life pictures would be a help as I expect it looks nothing like the computer generated images.
It looks like it is made of paper is that foam board?!!!
The main reason why A Boards are heavy is they do not blow away!
Good luck in your venture, but a sign like that would not last five minutes around most areas.

Seems like you had a good idea, that was not that good!.
Try harder guys

SC

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than coming onto s101 and asking........ how much ?? Have you thought any of the upfront parts through ??

Material costs
Hardware
Labor
Overhead
Time invested
Durability
Advertising

I don't see how this could work to your advantage in any way, shape or form.

Craig Sjoquist

I don't get it

You can completely produce that in less then 10 mins. ? at the total cost of less then $9 ?.....HOW

This is a error you mean $290 at cost of $100 correct

CES020

Your crossed out prices are $69 for the sign, then you mark it down to $29? Sounds like you already know what the price "should" be.

If anyone doesn't understand what "Race to the bottom" means, here it is in action. A perfectly good market, getting ready to be wiped out for everyone in that area.

You could mark them down to $49.95 and still be way ahead.

Christian @ 2CT Media

All it is, is printed and routed coroplast. They could probably get 2 per sheet, if they run the same pattern over and over it wouldnt take anything to set up, print, set up, and rout.

It looks like they are going to stock them as standard designs, which lowers cost. I wouldn't sell it that cheap but its totally feasable. I could see the $10 for blank, but the value of the preprinted signs should be worth more then $19/ea.

Suz

$9.99 on those blanks with free shipping? Wow! I don't know how you can do that.

I'm getting ready to launch a new website
http://www.tendollarsidewalksigns.com

It's going to sell blank a-frame hardware for $10. I am also going to start carrying a line of pre made designs and was thinking about making them $29. My goal is to get a lot of volume so I can keep my (already paid for equipment) moving at night and generate a 2nd revenue stream.

How much would you pay for a sign like this?

Desert_Signs

$9.99 on those blanks with free shipping? Wow! I don't know how you can do that.

Easy. He believes time has no value. They're either foam or 4mm coro since they come in at less than 1lb each. He's getting 2 out of each 4x8 sheet. If it's coro, he sees it as doubling his money (assuming his coro pricing is around $9 a sheet).

He doesn't understand the money that goes into making those signs is more than what he's selling them for.

I feel bad for anyone that buys them thinking they can use them as a sidewalk sign. ONE POUND? :rolleyes:

OldPaint

FOR THE EXAMPLE YOU HAVE......I WOULDNT PAY ANYTHING)))) nasty lookin crap sign!!!! if you want to be know for garbage........you got it right there))))))) fast and simple dont always have to look that bad.
apperently we got another "graphic designer"(he thinks so)doing more damage to the profession in design and PRICE!!!!
1. CORO A-FRAME SIGN IS USELESS...........the movement of the air from people/cars going by WILL BLOW THEM AWAY(learn a little about about how to build A-FRAMES.
2. $29............for garbage???? waste of money, waste of effort on your part. like techman said.....UPSELL.......and get what its worth, provide a recognizable product for the client....and make REAL MONEY and gain a reputation for doing QUALITY WORK!!!!!
3.IAM GUESSING this sign is 28" x 36" or close.......i do these for vintage car owners. and sure as heck get more then $29)))))) mine are 3/8- 1/2" MDO(for weight)good hinges, handle cut out with a wood saw, primed, painted, lettered with paint.......edges trimmed out.........for $250!!!!!
4. i made 1 A FRAME, less material then you would use for 10, to get near the same amount of money, less time to produce, and MORE PROFIT.......with less selling)))))))))
5. you really need to rethink the whole thing))))

Attachments

• COREL 091.jpg
    COREL 091.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 102

Farmboy

Judging from the video's on his website, the signs appear to be die cut, as he places the handle cut out back in place during one of the video's. My favorite part is the guy that can't seem to handle a simple plastic A-Frame sign because it's heavy, yet in a later video you're told to weigh his lite weight signs down with a heavy block or tent pegs. I have my doubt's that the guy in the earlier video can handle that. Oh, I forgot, the heavy block and pegs now turns this "temporary" sign into a "permanent" one. I need to stock up on blocks and tent pegs for sign installs. :)